Version 11.5.2.11 Issues

• September 13, 2016 at 5:18 pm #100829
      Larry
      Participant

2020 Gurus,

I’ve installed the latest Design version company wide with the faith of 2020 supports direction on this version being a solid product as well as to fix issues we were having with our prior versions. But, we now have even more problems then the prior version of 11.3.9 and specifically have two pretty major issues that’s already impacted our business with money loss. We also have many smaller issues from system hangs, crashes, and Live Order failures like never seen before but these are not our priority.

• 1st – We can no longer make cabinet modifications such as width and height.
        • This has caused us to lose at least 2 customers that I’m aware of this week already being unable to customize the cabinets like we used to be able to do

• 2nd – Adding accessories into a design is very problematic.
        • Sometimes when adding items such as moldings it’ll double the quantity. Also, sometimes if you delete the items from within the design it doesn’t delete from the item list and our associates who don’t look over every line in detail before processing a Live Order will miss this when processing the order with the vendor.

Perhaps these items have been reported already but if not I wanted to make you aware. I’ll hope for 2020 to address this with a fix as I don’t want to invest another 40+ hours reverting our company computers back to an older version.

Respectfully,

Larry

• September 14, 2016 at 10:18 am #100839
      AllSouth
      Participant

Larry,

Which version did you upgrade from? … did you like V11.3 for visuals?

signed, (upgrading from V10)

LynneMcW

• September 14, 2016 at 10:37 am #100840
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Larry,

The issue with not being able to change the height and width of cabinets through add-ons is a known one and according to the scope for version 11.5.3 it has been resolved in the next build.  They do not have a firm release date for 11.5.3 yet but it should be in next few weeks.

The issue with doubled up mouldings is not one I’m familiar with but it sounds like a situational issue.  Maybe a certain wall cabinet is causing the issue when in a certain place, like when it is in 2 placement zones for example.  Do you think you could provide us with a kit file and the steps to reproduce the issue and maybe a catalog if it is happening in specific catalog?  Email them to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com and if we can reproduce the issue here we will be able to resolve it.

Thank you

Neil

• September 14, 2016 at 11:24 am #100910
      Larry
      Participant

Neil,

Thank you for the response, I’m glad to hear you’ve found out about it and are going to get it fixed in a future release. The bad part is now I’ve wasted over 40hrs installing this version and will have the same if not more time invested reverting back. This couldn’t be a worse time of the season for us as I have many projects going on.

I can send over a kit file with the accessory issue and explain the steps but right now that’s going to have to wait until next week as I’m slammed with trying to extinguish this fire with our designers. It’s odd becuse some vendor cabinets allow the modifications while others it doesn’t and just presents you with the white screen.

Can you could please help me and provide a link to download the 11.3.9 version since it’s not posted on your site? I’ve upgraded every one of our computers and deleted the old versions install.

LynneMcW,

We upgraded from 11.3.9 and the visuals were the exact same besides the option to now use a quick drawing feature etc. I think the latest version just has too many things packed in it and I’m going to go back to 11.3.9 as it was the most stable I’ve found.

• October 5, 2016 at 10:14 am #105821
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Guys,

The issue about not being able to change the attributes of a cabinet through Add-ons has been resolved with a hotfix.  It is available on http://www.2020.net in the Support Download section under hot fixes.

The name of the file is HFX-11.5.2.11.exe and it will only work on version 11.5.2.

Thanks

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.