Version 11.5.2 is available for download on 2020.net

• August 19, 2016 at 5:24 pm #98536
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi everybody,

Just a note to let you all know that version 11.5.2 has been made available on 2020.net.

Thank you

Neil

• August 21, 2016 at 8:30 pm #98537

Downloading now and crossing fingers and all other appendages.

Thanks Neil

• August 23, 2016 at 5:04 pm #98643
      susan Kemp, CKD
      Participant

Downloaded it today.  crashed 3 times trying to look at a toilet in the room plu catalog.  it let me place a cabinet, but would not show me any other graphic in the plumbing catalog except the default one, without crashing.

I am remoting to a desktop and it and my home computer are both new and state of the art.   and considering many of us remote in at least a couple of hours a day, being able to use it in a remote environment is important.

Also, I noticed you still did not add back the export to word function.  seriously!!   I can print out one piece of paper for a quote (and mulitply that times 50 designers) instead of the 4-5 it prints by default even in paper saving mode.  Not to mention being able to type notes, etc.  on the printouts that we use to order with.

• August 25, 2016 at 1:57 pm #98789
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

Any other feedback on this version?  Specific questions:

– Does it fix custom textures (the mirror effect, and otherwise not rendering like the texture file)?

– Does the draw line work – can you specify what length you want it to draw without it shooting off in a random direction?

– Is usability at 4K resolution any better – can you see all of the menu/option items?  Is scaling fixed?

These three items are make or break for me.  I’d love the feedback before I commit to several hours installing and checking myself if anyone’s taken the plunge.

Thanks!

• August 30, 2016 at 1:49 pm #99229
      Richard Streloff
      Participant

Nope … custom textures are not working in this new release 11.5.2.11

-Richard

Reply To: 2020 Design V 11.5 New Features

• October 28, 2016 at 9:43 am #108189
      susan Kemp, CKD
      Participant

So I see on the 2nd hotfix that there is a V11.6.1?  When is it coming out.   Not impressed with 11.5.2 (not to mention that Masterbrands is not supporting it) and hoping that 6 fixes all the bugs that we’ve talked about in 11.5.5.

• November 3, 2016 at 9:16 am #109227
      susan Kemp, CKD
      Participant

So is anyone going to answer the question about 11.6.1?  I have emailed Roberto, I have emailed 2020 residential support, and they answer the other questions in the email (or not) and just totally ignore the question of 11.6.   Even when I specifically requested info on it, they don’t even respond to the email, at all.

Hopefully it fixes the pages of bugs or at least some of them, that I and others have sent on 11.5.

• November 15, 2016 at 4:00 pm #111556
      Mike Paul
      Participant

Hi All, trying to find out why other over seas users cant access a lot of catalogs

that are available in the US, we still pay our fees

example would be Kholar

It would be great to get a Miele catalog so I could set up a custom cabinets

using some of the products

we have access to all the white ware that is available else where in the world

thanks

Mike

• November 22, 2016 at 7:32 pm #112181

Hi Mike,

Try changing your profile location in both 2020.net and here. Changing your country to USA results in the biggest list of catalogues but obviously you end up seeing a lot of Imperial ones as our Trump-beridden friends are still sticking to an archaic measuring system.

That said, I never understood why 2020 maintain 2 distinct measuring systems in the software and the catalogues – every other CAD package in the world has one measuring system but can display in anything! This would make life so much easier for everyone if 2020 adopted the same setup.

• December 21, 2016 at 5:29 pm #115349
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Guys,

@Suzan – 11.6 is the version we are selling to new clients that purchase online.  It is a softkey version of the program but other than that it is pretty much the same as 11.5.2.

@ Danny – Unfortunately none of those issues were resolved in version 11.5.2.  The textures had a lot of work done on them and are not as dark as they were in 11.5.1 but still need to be “trimmed” in another software before they are imported.  The 4K scaling and the issue with the line from annotations have not yet been addressed.

Neil

• December 27, 2016 at 5:17 pm #116005
      MARY ANN SNYDER
      Participant

I prefer the CD version of 2020 since the cloud is not as fast. Every click when working on a complicated drawing turns into multiple seconds which turns into a substantial waste over a period of time not to mention put me to sleep!

• January 6, 2017 at 11:33 am #116685
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello 2020 Users,

@Danny
      The treatment of custom texture has been improved in the next release of Design (V11.7) targeted for the end of February 2017.
      The draw line issue will be addressed in V11.7
      There is no plan yet unfortunately to support 4K but will keep it in mind with next priorities.
      @Suzan,
      Regarding the export to word, I thought we had agreed on a workaround where your IT person would setup a script to regularly remove undesirable files from your drive. Please note that we are not planning to support “Export to Word” in the near future.
      11.6.2 will be made available on the 2020.net right after KBIS. 11.6.2 supports the Cloud License initiative and incorporates a fail-safe mechanism to reduce crashes related to faulty NVidia Drivers.

Hope this helps.
      Santiago

• January 6, 2017 at 1:17 pm #116688
      Richard Streloff
      Participant

Hello All,

Anyone having issues with duplicating manufacturers catalogs with the new Version 11.6 online (no USB dongle) design program?

-Richard

• January 6, 2017 at 1:52 pm #116689
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello again,

@Mary
      Ann, we understand your concern. The intent of the cloud is to provide more accurate and up to date content. We will continue to optimize our software to reduce the latency.

@Richard
      , you are correct. We noticed this issue as well. Is has been addressed in 11.6.2 (target release is week of Jan15)

Thank you,

Santiago

• January 9, 2017 at 4:09 pm #116768
      MARY ANN SNYDER
      Participant

I was told the 11.5 is for hard key (dongle) and 11.6 was for soft key (entering user & pw to log in).

• January 16, 2017 at 9:26 am #117336
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Mary Ann,

You are correct. 11.6 supports Softkey (cloud) sign in. Please note that 11.6 also supports the hard key (dongle) as well.

Thank you,

Santiago

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags