Visual Impressions Shifting Scenes

• July 30, 2018 at 2:13 pm #196343
      Jenna Kurtz
      Participant

There are numerous occasions where my Visual Impressions scene shifts from its original position.  By this I mean I will create my room around my furniture with all of the architectural details, (walls, columns, doors, windows, etc.), close Visual Impressions, -normally because I have to get back in the CAD file to do some tweaks before I start applying materials- reopen the scene in Visual Impressions, and everything I’ve placed shifts 1′-2′ from where is was originally.  I’ve tried to close Visual Impressions, go back into the CAD and shift my furniture so that it marries up with Visual Impressions’ shift, but Visual Impressions will shift again when I reopen it.

Is there something I can avoid that is causing this?

• July 31, 2018 at 11:50 am #196417

Hello Jenn,

Does VI seem to shift all drawings or one drawing in particular?  If it is just the one drawing it might be a good idea to copy and paste into a new drawing.  Do you have the latest 2020 2018 software installed?  If not, I would recommend updating then try opening a drawing in VI.  If the issue persists then I would suggest joining you remotely so that we can trouble shoot the issue further.

• August 1, 2018 at 8:32 am #196437
      Jenna Kurtz
      Participant

Hi Jimi Lynn,

Thanks for your response!  I do have the latest software installed, and it happens in multiple drawings.  Just trying to problem solve, in the cad I placed a piece of furniture in each corner of the space, and that so far seems to be holding the bounds of the room in Visual Impressions.  I just have to make them invisible when I go to do the rendering.

I’ll reach out to you when it happens next time, so we can see if there’s something that is causing the shifting that I can avoid in the future.

Thanks!

• September 6, 2018 at 3:25 pm #202429
      Mark Gandenberger
      Participant

FWIW, I have had the same thing happen to me periodically over the last several years. I have never been able to identify the cause.

• March 26, 2019 at 11:57 am #231041
      Jenna Kurtz
      Participant

I’ve attached a small .dwg that I’ve been working in that shifts the scene when Visual Impressions is opened.  This means the walls and architectural features need to be re-positioned each time.

To recap, my software is up-to-date.  I did copy and paste this area into this new .dwg because the original .dwg was giving the same issues.

Thanks,

Jenna

• March 26, 2019 at 12:08 pm #231042
      Jenna Kurtz
      Participant

See attached.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.