Where is Textures with Edges in version 12?

• September 7, 2021 at 5:22 pm #345076
      astrid thiess
      Participant

Our company just recently installed the new versions of 2020 on all computers. Some of us did V12 and V13- I mistakenly did V12, but even my colleague who has V13 has the same problem.

When we render, it only shows us 3 options: “Wireframe, Hidden Lines, Texture”

There used to be texture with edges that was our favorite because it would show the perfect combo of hard lines to show distinctions, and the texture on top.

With this new version, that option is no longer available, and the ones that are available are too soft and blurry. I cannot understand for the life of me, WHO would approve to have that rendering option removed, but add in some ridiculous and completely unnecessary render effects like “cartoon, hatched and photocopy”?????

IN WHAT WORLD would I need to show anyone what my design looks like with these awful, blurring effects on top? It is unbelievably aggravating. I thought that when versions are new, they are an upgrade to the previous or has an added benefit in some way. These new V12 and V13 are AWFUL, and I’m sorry I had to download, install and work on these. I dont see any benefit from these new versions unfortunately.

Does anyone know if I can get the textures with edges option back? Or even the old versions of the furniture? Almost all the items/ furniture I used are all gone, and nothing is even close to them on the cloud. They’re all either too traditional, gothic or grossly modern.

Thanks in advanced-

• September 8, 2021 at 12:00 pm #345185
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Astrid,

When using Design Live, you will by default be using our new rendering engine called EZ Render. Currently, when using the EZ rendering engine, there are 3 rendering modes which are Hidden Lines, Texture, and Wireframe. Some of the other rendering modes were omitted because they are still being worked on. For the time being, if you want to use Texture with Edges, you can switch back to using the RedWay 3D engine.

At any time when using the program, you can always switch between the new rendering engine (EZ Render) and the old rendering engine (RedWay 3D). Follow the below steps to switch between both rendering modules.

1. Open the program

2. Click on File and then click on Preferences

3. From here, click on Rendering

4. Select between ez render and redway 3d, then click on ‘Apply’ and ‘Okay’

If you send your contact info to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com, we would be able to provide you with the download links for the Decoration and Furniture catalog.

Regards,

Kris

• September 8, 2021 at 3:38 pm #345252
      astrid thiess
      Participant

Hi Kris!

Thanks SO much for this info! My colleague and I are so glad this wasn’t removed fully from the program-

Thanks so much, again!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.