White cabinets-not white?

• September 20, 2017 at 5:37 pm #149391
      Travis Davies
      Participant

Does anyone know how to make white cabinets look white and not gray? I’ve spent too much time trying to fix it and it’s driving me crazy.

Please help!

• September 21, 2017 at 10:53 am #149434
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

some quick questions:

which cabinet catalog are you using?

how did you select the white color?

how did you apply the white color? (individually, styles and pricing, default preferences?)

is it a dark grey (very noticeable, like stone) or a light grey?

is the cabinet color the same on different monitors? for instance i render all my work on a computer but we show the renderings on a larger (older) monitor (TV) and the colors look very different.

• September 21, 2017 at 2:24 pm #149490
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Travis,

Direct light on the cabinets will bring out the white.  Add a recessed spot so it shines directly on the cabinet and bring up the general level of light in the room and it eliminates the shadows and makes white whiter.

Neil

• September 25, 2017 at 7:48 pm #150191

I second the monitor thing as well. A lot of my users are now using 50″+ TVs to display renders and panoramics and the colour rendition is VERY different compared to the laptop screen or even a standard (e.g. 24″) monitor. Most TVs also have different colour profiles available similar to those on monitors.

And yes, lighting makes for very different effects. I don’t like white in a cabinet as I find it often ‘washes out’ any fine detail.

• September 26, 2017 at 6:01 pm #150492
      Cassandra Bostic
      Participant

Change the color of your lights, it defaults to yellow, change to white

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.