Why is it important to keep 2020 design up to date?

• November 10, 2015 at 10:31 am #57354
      Jason
      Participant

The easiest way to keep 2020 design running smoothly is to always keep the software up to date with the latest versions or service packs available. These releases contain important fixes for reported defects and added features to the software.

• November 11, 2015 at 1:10 pm #57420
      Bob A.
      2020 Partner

At this point in time we are unable to support Design 11 as it broke a major piece of functionality in our catalogs that has to do with modifying descriptions and manuf code via add-ons. These are required to reflect the changes in the dimensions of the item when a dimensional modification is selected via add-on. This worked in 9, worked in 10 (except for 10.3.1.38) and works in 10.5.0.27 but will not work in any release off V11. I would very much like to see this resolved.

• November 11, 2015 at 3:09 pm #57426
      Jason
      Participant

Hello Bob,

We are aware of this issue with version 11 and are working hard to resolve it. As of version 11.3 this has not been fixed yet, but it is in the scope to be fixed  in future versions.

• November 30, 2015 at 9:28 am #62744
      Christina
      Participant

Another great reason to upgrade the software, is for troubleshooting purposes. The support team will only be able to report bugs or issues with current versions, therefore if you are running an older version and run into a bug; chances are it has been reported and corrected in a newer version. This will make your call to support shorter, and more efficient.

• November 30, 2015 at 12:08 pm #62774
      Bob A.
      2020 Partner

I don’t feel the need to comment on this further at this time. You all have recognized the problem and we’ve been told that the target date to fix it is Feb. 2016. I appreciate the support we get on the previous version knowing full well that no new development will be performed on V10. I’m thankful that most of the issues our users experience are known and we can employ known good workarounds in these instances.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.