Windows not transparant

• November 8, 2018 at 11:10 am #214885
      Brent Anderson
      Participant

I’m hoping someone can help me.  I’m doing a rendering in 2020 and have downloaded some backdrops of trees to put outside the windows.  I did it in a previous design and everything worked fine… but this time when I look through the actual window it looks like its clear and nothing is behind it.  If I look in the window from the outside I can see through into my kitchen just fine.  Is there a way to somehow get the backdrop to become visible through the window like before?

• November 8, 2018 at 8:31 pm #214918

I didn’t have a problem? I used a PVC White Sliding window from ROOM_M and changed the glass texture to clear glass. I then used a picture frame on the outside with the picture I wanted and used an external placement zone and elevation to move and size it.

Which window did you use?

• November 14, 2018 at 11:38 am #215647
      Ryann Sands
      2020 Partner

I’ve used the surface tool on a wall beyond the window and manipulated the size of the “texture” downloaded in order to get a different background.

I realize that’s more complicated than what others want to do, but I’ve been able to get some unique backgrounds that way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.