windows update now 2020 crashes after 1 touch of the mouse

• October 22, 2018 at 7:48 pm #209517
      Sam Thompson
      Participant

My computer just updated and now I can’t do anything in a design without it crashing instantly. Any advise would be helpful. I have tried to do the run as administrator as well.

• October 23, 2018 at 4:37 pm #209568
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Sam,

You could always roll back the Windows Update but that is sort of a last resort.  The first thing I would try is going into the Maintenance tools for 2020.  The icon is an orange circle with a wrench and a screwdriver in it.  In there delete the temporary files, repair com and then 2020 Design Registry Reset.  This will reset the software to its default settings and hopefully let it run again.

If that doesn’t work you could always reinstall the software but again, before you do that give us a call at 1-866-697-2020 and have a tech take a first-hand look at the issue.

Neil

• November 1, 2018 at 6:47 pm #213923
      Sam Thompson
      Participant

How do you do 2020 registry reset?

• November 2, 2018 at 12:48 am #213925

Go to Design in the All Programs option and then find Tools, Maintenance Tools and Registry Reset is in there.

BUT running Registry Reset will clear all of your preferences so before you do that, I recommend you go through all of your preference screens first and using the Snipping Tool, capture all of the Preference screens and put them in a Document. Save and print the document and once you have done the Registry Reset, go back and put the preferences back in again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.