WishList

• March 30, 2015 at 9:29 am #25698
    Keymaster

We are always looking for customer feedback on new releases and future releases, in an effort to provide meaningful improvements to 2020 Design.
    Please post here your ideas and suggestions you want to have in 2020 Design. We will use your posts to form our future Product Roadmap.

• March 30, 2015 at 1:38 pm #25717

Wishlist: It would be great to be able to have V10 and V11 installed on the same machine for support and testing purposes.

• April 1, 2015 at 1:43 am #25829

The ability to store custom textures for use with other designs
    The ability to save the custom textures to share with other 20-20 Design users
    A wizard to allow the setting of cabinets heights and styles on starting a new drawing

A fix for the damn wall issues that have plagued me since I started using 6.4

Example of what I mean is here:

http://www.ipprofessional.com.au/files/Example%20Wall%20Issue.jpg

I hate it when we get these odd bevels and joins in the wall instead of a simple butt joint.

• April 1, 2015 at 1:53 am #25830

Newer oven, steam, combi oven, cooktop shapes in the COMMON file so that Catalogue Tools users can improve the appearance of their catalogues.

Custom door/drawer design tool (can charge for this as an additional tool)

DXF/SKP importer for Catalogue Tools to enable us to bring in additional shapes

Splashback Designer that allows placing of holes and cutours with output to DXF (can charge for this as an additional tool)

Benchtop Designer that allows placing of holes, overmount and undermount cutouts with output to DXF (can charge for this as an additional tool)

I work with several manufacturers that have their own CNC equipment for stone and glass cutting (including CNC waterjets) and the ability to have a suitably formatted DXF file with different types of cutouts on different layers would allow us to manufacture directly from the 20-20 Design drawings.

These manufacturers are happy to spend money on additional software tools to do the above. You are almost there (I have exported DXF benchtops and splashbacks but they do not have enough info or shape control) so a little more work would see this available.

• May 3, 2015 at 3:23 pm #27395

Wishlist: It would be handy in Attributes if the Add-on tab displayed all of the add-ons and simply greyed out those that were not available.  (So Add-on Excludes would be visible, but not selectable)

• May 7, 2015 at 10:29 am #27665

It’s great being able to have multiple items selected and be able to view shared Attributes.  It would also be handy if we could change the Display Setting of multiple items too!

• May 11, 2015 at 1:15 pm #27741
    Michael Farago
    Pilot Pro

Would it be possible to have the drawing layout function be adjusted to have the stability that it had in V9.  Both V10 and V11 seem to have lost all stability with that aspect of the program.

• May 13, 2015 at 10:59 am #27798
    L A Cabinets
    Participant

So the hidden line rendering times are slightly better but it wastes a lot of time waiting on it.  I downloaded V11 in hopes that it would be greatly improved.  Keep working on it please.

• May 20, 2015 at 3:49 pm #27892
    Robert LeBeau
    Pilot Pro

One thing id like to see is have the capability to add notes to individual cabinets from the attribute light window. alot of times when im designing and engineering something might pop into my head as im working on something  that i need to remember or modify on a cabinet and instead of having to go in to the attributes and then go to notes and write it out…if u could jus click on the item (attributes lite is already open ) and type away it would save time and also not mess up the flow ur in..tbh i think the attributes lite window has alot of time saving potential in general that people have yet to even start to trying to exploit..

• June 4, 2015 at 12:47 am #30907

Something I have been asked about by a number of cabbies is the provision of an accurate cutlist WITH edging information even if this was via a 3rd partysoftware company.

There are many small cabbies (200 within a 50 mile radius of me!) who still use Cutlists or have just one (cheap) CNC such as a Multicam so a simple, relatively inexpensive Cutlist and GCode option would increase your sales dramatically. I am still waiting for costs but I suspect the Insight route is just too expensive for smaller manufacturers especially considering that you can buy a competing package that goes from Design to Nested GCode from $3,000 to $10,000.

• July 8, 2015 at 5:27 pm #38524
    Lori
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>I UNDERSTAND THAT 2020 WAS WRITTEN WITH ONE DESIGNER WORKING ON ONE COMPUTER – BUT CAN YOU MAKE CHANGES FOR THOSE WHO PUT OUR DESIGNS ON THE SERVER SO MANY PEOPLE CAN USE?  1<sup>ST</sup> PROBLEM is working on a design on different computer than it was created causes crashes.   2<sup>nd</sup> PROBLEM is when one designer has the design open, there is no way to prevent another designer from opening the same design, making changes, and then saving them over the other’s changes.  We have one person who does the renderings for all of the designers in our store and this can be a huge problem. 3<sup>rd</sup> PROBLEM is that the ‘automatic save every 5 minutes’ does NOT work!  We have crashed many, many times and what we’ve been designing has NEVER been restored to a saved point that was created by ‘automatic save’.</p>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:30 pm #38525
    Lori
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>When changing materials on cabinets, the formula that is supposed to change all of the moldings and other finishes once you put what you want in the first one or two spots never works! It is a hassle to have to change each one, one at a time.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”> When changing materials on cabinets, the finish color is supposed to show in the “preview” rectangle, and it turns black instead.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”></p>

<p class=”MsoNormal”>Instead of adding the finish selection in ‘Styles and Pricing’, I have to use Global Attributes and change the catalogs from there because I have found finishes that more accurately represent the desired finish on my own than 2020 or the Koch catalog designer has picked.  I wish we could put the “V29135” (Birch Nutmeg) finish (just as an example) in there instead of Koch’s V50135 (Also Birch Nutmeg) – but the 2020 one is better.</p>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:32 pm #38528
    Lori
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>When the light comes in a window and shines on the cabinets right next to it, it makes the cabinets all spotty.  I turn the light off each window, add a background, and even add blinds and it is still too spotty. Even when I render on Texture; high quality.</p>
    <p class=”MsoNormal”> Metals: Also the stainless steel option for appliances is very spotty when rendered.  So are most of the metals. Can this be fixed?</p>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:35 pm #38531
    Lori
    Participant

<span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: ‘Calibri’,sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>Why can’t I do a finished ‘refreshed rendering’ of a picture in texture with edges mode? I used to use this in V9 to show raised panel details.  If the raised panels showed with Texture/Color, that would be awesome!  I wouldn’t have to use this feature if the detail of the panel on a raised panel would show up.  (It comes in fuzzy, dark and even black – on wainscot panels, too.) It must be 2020 glitch as it happens for Koch catalog AND the Dura catalog that we use. </span>

• October 31, 2015 at 9:20 am #56576
      Anonymous

Lori,
      I have found a workaround that I have been using to tone down that light coming through the windows. I go into the window attributes, change the glass to charcoal, then lower the ambient lighting to reduce the overall light coming through the window. You will need to add recessed lighting to light your design and I also use up-lighting to even out the ceiling light.

• July 8, 2015 at 5:36 pm #38532
    Lori
    Participant

<span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: ‘Calibri’,sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>How can I change the ‘SCENE’ lighting to adjust for wall cabinets of different depths?  They are set pretty good for 12” deep wall cabinets, but when they are turned on and I have a deeper cab, like a 24” deep hood – the lights wash it out! </span>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:37 pm #38534
    Lori
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>2020 Flaw: 2020 does NOT add a finish on the ends automatically when we ‘add’ them on in ‘add ons’ to our cabinets.  We have to go in and add color to the ends that are supposed to be finished.</p>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:38 pm #38537
    Lori
    Participant

<p class=”MsoNormal”>Sometimes items disappear.  For instance, when I move a cabinet out of the way using the Placement tool, it will move over. But when I move it back, sometimes it disappears instead.  Sometimes I have to move an island out of the layout so I can get a better rendering of a cabinet wall, so I just move it out 200”, then move it back when I am done instead of deleting it and risk the chance of forgetting to put the island back in.  What could cause it to disappear?</p>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:42 pm #38538
    Lori
    Participant

I’m not sure if this is a 2020 problem or a catalog problem, but when I choose a 30/70 door and want the top section to have glass, it won’t show it. I go into ‘Add ons’, and check “China Door-Prep for Upper W Glass” and it won’t remove the panel. If I check “Door-Prep for Wall Glass, it removes both panels so I can’t get it to show correctly for the customer.

<span style=”font-size: 11.0pt; font-family: ‘Calibri’,sans-serif; mso-fareast-font-family: Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: ‘Times New Roman’; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA;”>
    </span>

• July 8, 2015 at 5:45 pm #38539
    Lori
    Participant

Whenever we increase the height of a Wall or Tall Pantry Cabinet, the cabinet increases, but the panel stays the same, leaving a gap between the panel and the middle rail. (For instance – changing a 48″ cab to 54″ tall).

• July 8, 2015 at 6:03 pm #38541
    Lori
    Participant

Whenever we add a fluted filler to a design, it renders all shiny and spotty, like a metal finish. Can this be fixed?

• July 25, 2015 at 12:48 pm #39688
    Mark A Yost, Sr.
    Participant

Elevations that are standard to the industry, and by that, I mean specifically crown molding and light rails that show up as a correct shape, with returns back to wall, not just a line.

• August 6, 2015 at 2:33 pm #40584

When using Catalog Manager and clicking on Delete, I would like to be able to select multiple catalogs at once and delete them.  (Plus it would be helpful to SHIP a catalog from V10)

• August 6, 2015 at 11:20 pm #40630
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the suggestion.
    I like this idea and I will add it to the consideration list for next Service pack.

• August 6, 2015 at 11:27 pm #40632
    Keymaster

Hi Mike,

The texture feature is something that we are already working on it.
    I like the Idea if Default setting for the next design (Cabinets heights, Door Styles, Floor and Ceiling textures, etc.)
    Also I have reported the wall Issue.

• August 6, 2015 at 11:32 pm #40635
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,
    The Add-on are catalogs driven.
    I will make this suggestion to the catalog creation team

• August 6, 2015 at 11:40 pm #40638
    Keymaster

Hi Lori,

I see that some of your issues are catalog issues and other are 2020 Design Related
    I will validate them and add them to the candidate list for a future release.

• August 28, 2015 at 4:00 pm #46078
    Jessica Von bargen
    Participant

I would love to see render times shortened. Having the 3D perspective take more than 15 minutes to render is crazy.

• September 10, 2015 at 7:32 pm #48491
    Jeremy Leisure
    Pilot Pro

Jessica Render in a smaller window cuts it down a quite a few minutes.

• September 10, 2015 at 7:38 pm #48492
    Jeremy Leisure
    Pilot Pro

I would like to be able to lock the walls down. It gets ridiculous when you grab a wall and it moves everything and then will not “CTRL Z” back.   A lock mode would enable you to stretch move and do whatever you want without having the effect it currently does when trying to move walls. The way that is suggested to manipulate walls seems limited. Just a thought

• September 15, 2015 at 1:56 pm #50361
    Jeremy Leisure
    Pilot Pro

Maybe I  don’t know how to do this correctly but it would be nice to have a beam that you could set the height on so you can do vaulted looks in different directions. IE  follow  the vault lines on multiple walls.

• September 15, 2015 at 4:52 pm #50371
    Diane A
    Pilot Pro

It would be nice if we had the ability to make openings in various shapes to floors, ceilings and counter tops.

• October 7, 2015 at 2:17 pm #52483
    Diane A
    Pilot Pro

What would really be nice is if we could have different tile pattern options for the editable floor and wall tiles, ex. Brick layered, Herringbone, Windmill, Hexagon etc.

• October 7, 2015 at 10:20 pm #52535

The REPLACE function in Design is certainly handy to be able to swap out one cabinet for a completely different cabinet.  However it can also be dangerous as the Add-ons from the ‘old’ cabinet carry over to the new cabinet regardless of the add-on relation.  For example, If you have a 3DB18 and add a cutlery tray, then use the Replace function to switch the cabinet into BFD15 the cutlery tray stays even though there is no drawer.

We recently had an issue where a cabinet with an implicit add-on was ‘replaced’ with another cabinet with the same implicit add-on.  The end result was 2 Lazy Susans ordered for one cabinet (and we couldn’t deleted it).

I would love to see it where if there was an add-on present, the Replace function would pop-up a window allowing the user to confirm and cancel any add-ons.

• October 19, 2015 at 1:43 pm #54718
    Kevin Lima
    Pilot Pro

I’d like to be able to get more out of application integration.  It would be useful to be able to export the ‘Section Name’ variable.

Thanks,

Kevin

• October 22, 2015 at 12:47 pm #55419
    Jordyn P
    Pilot Pro

It would be great to have the ROOM catalogs updated. There are often door/window items that I can’t recreate, such as a 3 door patio slider or a double entry door with one side lite to name a couple, and I tend to need these more and more as time goes on.

It would also be nice to be able to edit all available ROOM catalog items in any way, to give more customization. For instance, I might have a 59″ space for an alcove tub, but since I have no way to edit bath.alc.60, I have to find a different alternative, which is usually less attractive in the rendering.

Is there any possibility of being able to incorporate multiple levels without increasing the height of all of the walls and using the up/down feature to set items in place?

Finally, I’d love to see more options for the stairs. Maybe adding a feature that would allow you to choose how high up the railings go on the stairs, adding more railing post options, diagonal handrails that we can add to the walls, etc.

• November 25, 2015 at 2:01 pm #62641
    Michael Farago
    Pilot Pro

I would love to see a some of the core functionality optimized.   We have 50+ users that use the drawing layout function and in V11, the named views are not functioning.  We’re losing drawings and a lot of time trying to band-aid the problems.

Also if you turn off a placement zone, can the overall dimensions stay turned on when you have the overall dimensions turned on with the auto dimensions?

Finally, in 11.3 i can’t properly close a running line.  Can you add an auto close feature to running lines?  Such as I’ve drawn 9 sides of a 10 sided polygon, and if I select the close line feature it would connect my last point with my first point and end the drawing function?

• November 25, 2015 at 4:11 pm #62646
    Jeremy Leisure
    Pilot Pro

It would be GREAT!!! if we had more CAD functions as to make the paper space look more Professional.  Having the option to show door swings on doors as well as cabinets with dotted lines that you can change the color on would be fine. Having “CL” icon for center line not be so touchy and actually stay where you want to put it would be nice. The wall ID on the floor plan shows through on the renders as well. I would also like it you could print the whole paper space as one file and not have to print each file to PDF then put into one PDF. If there is a way to do this , Please let me know.  I would also love to see a “lock walls” option so if you move one wall it doesn’t move all the walls. I know you can go into an individual wall and modify wall but it sometimes still doesn’t do it. If you could also make it so when you make a “Poly line ” into a 3D object like a beam you could edit in an elevation view allowing the beam to follow the vault you created. These are just a few things that would help. Love the program besides the constant freezing….

• December 9, 2015 at 3:10 pm #64196
    Lori
    Participant

Thanks, Chuck, for your help! I am not sure where you are changing the ambient light, maybe in rendering? I usually turn the light totally off in the Window’s light properties. I still have to play with each layout separately, noting their number of windows, walls, etc. that change the lighting.

• December 9, 2015 at 3:13 pm #64199
    Lori
    Participant

It would improve our final renderings of our customer’s designs if 2020 had lighting catalogs so we could add up to date, better lighting in our designs. The selection in the Room Catalogs is pretty bad.  Until they offer light catalogs – does anyone else have an idea of what I could use? Thanks!

• December 9, 2015 at 3:38 pm #64202
    Lori
    Participant

Jordyn, I agree with your suggestions and hope 2020 is listening! All of the Room Catalogs need updating with more current items offered. They also need to give us more freedom to edit or recreate items our customers want. PLEASE update the stairs, post & corbel options; flooring; countertops; backsplashes; bath fixtures; faucets; decoration items for kitchen and baths and add great lighting options or offer a catalog to install from a lighting company. If someone on 2020 could spend the time to create 10 really cool cars and garage equipment (which are items we seldom use), then why can’t they make cool coffee pots, small appliances, soap dishes for baths, curtains, current art options for pictures; background scenery for windows that looks realistic, etc. that the ‘kitchen and bath’ designers use regularly?  Thanks for listening!

• December 9, 2015 at 6:26 pm #64205
    Jeremy Leisure
    Pilot Pro

Lori,

You can use SketchUp  and  get all the models you need the higher the Poly-line count the better the render will turn out on that item.  As far as the counter-top you can map any material to them giving you limitless possibilities. Other than the edge profile which you are limited on.  To do a realistic window scene go to the outside of the wall in say a 3 window run and use your SURFACE  tool to draw a rectangle  across all the windows which will result in a more realistic scene spanning across all the windows.

• December 9, 2015 at 6:46 pm #64206
    Lori
    Participant

Sounds like all good ideas – however – I haven’t had luck importing SketchUp items. Either I can’t find something I want (like a pendant light) or something goes wrong importing it. I haven’t tried in a while so don’t remember my specific problems. I would LOVE to be able to bring in lighting and window treatments from Sketch Up! Where can I look for instructions on using this with 2020?

I always use Custom Material Wizard to make the counter top match the customer’s selection, but when I do this for patterned back splash tiles or flooring, they never come out just right – even using ‘seamless’ textures. Is that what you meant by ‘mapping’ them? Is there somewhere we can find detailed instructions for using all of the features of that WIZARD to customize textures? Such as – how to pick the correct size when asked? And how to use the tools inside the WIZARD program to get the best image?

For the windows, help me understand you exactly – I view the outside of the wall, add a surface rectangle and then use Wizard to import a photograph of an actual scene? Or use the City or other backgrounds provided in 2020? (I really don’t care for the ones in the catalogs.) I have also had trouble with the SURFACE tool when I use it for back splash that has to go around windows and objects. I will draw my shape, then go back to look at it through the camera and if I need to edit it, I can edit it, but then the surface disappears. Frustrating. I appreciate your getting back to me so quickly and hope you can point me toward a place to get detailed directions for using these features. Lori

• December 9, 2015 at 8:08 pm #64209
    Jeremy Leisure
    Pilot Pro

Email me and I can send you my number I’ll walk you through it no problem. jeremy@ksmonterey.com   What version are you using? I use 11.2.0.60.  SketchUp is super easy to use. The problem is with the latest updates the import function gets corrupted on the 2015  model.  The work  around is simple select an older version. Click on the object >> select version 2014 or 2013  and it should import fine.  There are a ton of junk models that were simply created incorrectly. I would also stay away from heavy files (ie large MB) 20/20 doesn’t handle them too well.

To do a back-splash can be a big pain in the a$$. I use a full version of SketchUp  and create them mostly. You can also try and find from the manufactures of the tiles the tile you need and make a 18″ x 18″ block and map it out with  the SURFACE tool in 18″ segments, it works pretty nice. You can use a  simple picture editor to  make the 18″ block. I does work  it just takes time.

Windows and scenes take a time as well. When I go to my clients house I take pictures with my HD phone out each and every window in the room( I also take a 360 degree pic of the whole space for reference) .  I then do the math to shrink or expand the picture in a Photo Editor so I can then cut it into sections or leave it whole to span it across the windows.  I do this by using  the SURFACE tool instead of putting the pic in the window. I think it looks better.

The SURFACE tool does disappear a lot, it is glitchy… I just redraw a lot.

• January 23, 2016 at 11:18 pm #70928
    Rindi Daniel
    Participant

Using newest 11.3. I feel comfortable with the new rendering tool, but I am not a fan of the the placement of the new camera.  I like the camera placement option so much better in earlier versions where you could just set the camera and its view by  scrolling through right clicking the mouse.

-More corbels and just general room catalogs in all decor updated—especially appliances..:) Nice to have a front load with a modifiable pedastal

-better generic appliances

-saving textures that you can use on all designs and truly be a user-defined texture to be used on other designs without having to re-use the wizard

-add barnwood flooring options-not enough color selections

-modifiable or larger selection of room tiles-alot of clients are going with a variable size floor tile or rectangular tiles and not your average 4×4/12×12 etc tile.  Nice to have  catalog of more current backsplash textures

-when writing notes, be able to adjust display settings / font size/ etc all at the same time in the window 

-application and selections of room crown

-larger selection of window trim and sizes (My clients typically use RB3 case molding which is 3.473″ wide and they sometimes use trim up to 5 1/2″.  It would be nice if the width of the molding would visually modify and not just allow you to change the width in the variable and it not actual change the visual. Doors as well

-easier application of base molding to room as well as a shoe molding or quarter round.  perhaps an auto design of these areas like when you set c-tops and toekicks and trim, but he capability to stack them as well. Then be able to delete or modify areas that you want to just like you do other trims. Even if it would place room crown and you could manually lower it would be fine.

-Thank you so much for your attention.  It truly means alot that our thoughts do not go unnoticed.

• October 18, 2017 at 2:13 pm #154168
    Christopher Robles
    Participant

It would be nice to change the dimensions of imported objects from both the cloud and sketchup so that they may actually be used…

• October 18, 2017 at 10:55 pm #154215

The ability in the 2020 Cloud to create your own collections.
    The ability to import items from Sketchup Warehouse to your 2020 Cloud Collection

• October 25, 2017 at 12:54 pm #155796
    Karlie Rouzer
    Participant

I feel like I have thought of so many things but now I cant think of any lol!

One thing that comes to mind is in the attributes box – add-ons tab – ROOM_PLU_1 catalog… if I am switching from one sink to another as soon as I uncheck one the whole menu collapses! It would be so nice if it didnt automatically collapse.

• October 29, 2017 at 11:43 pm #157606

Probably mentioned before but:

When running the Panoramic 360 Dialogue, a subset of the Design Information screen comes up. It would be nice if we could have the Dealer/Designer section of the Design Information screen stored and for this info to populate the form every time the form comes up.

• October 31, 2017 at 9:56 am #157641
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Mike, I agree with you.  This makes a lot of sense.

Thank you,

Santiago.

• October 31, 2017 at 10:46 am #157648
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

Ok I am editing this  cuz I just realized Mike’s not on custom textures was 2 years old.

maybe i need to sort the forums by most recent posts.

arrgh. sorry

• October 31, 2017 at 11:25 am #157706
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

@Karlie, I have taken note of your suggestion and will prioritize it in upcoming releases.

Thank you,

Santiago

• October 31, 2017 at 8:26 pm #157793

The addition of standard plumbing, electrical and other symbols that show distance to centre on plans and elevations. The FloorPlanCode ought to show on every symbol.

I appreciate that some symbols are in the ROOM catalogue already but most don’t allow the selection of the centre measurement nor do they show the FPC which would be very handy.

We would love to be able to use the elevations to plan our Glass Splashbacks and this would help so much.

• November 1, 2017 at 9:03 am #157805
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

I’d like the Snap Distance setting in Work Area to carry over to Elevations or a snap distance setting for Elevation views.

• November 2, 2017 at 8:18 pm #158375

Elevation Display Schema option to show height and width to centre of an object (user shapes, floor and wall decorations).

This would be very handy for marking out waste, water and other outlets on an elevation.

• November 3, 2017 at 9:25 am #158391
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Thank you Mike.  It has been noted.

• November 3, 2017 at 9:27 am #158392
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

@chris,

Not sure I understand your suggestion.  We already have the capability to set the snap distance in the Elevation and the Floorplan area from the Display Settings.

Are you suggesting they should be combined into a single control?

Thank you,

Santiago

• November 3, 2017 at 9:30 am #158393
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

@christopher Robles, since 11.8 we are now able to modify the dimensions and texture of decorative cloud items.

Thank you,

Santiago

• November 3, 2017 at 12:55 pm #158412
    Christopher Robles
    Participant

Hi Santiago, I was experiencing a bug in the system that was resolved with customer service. Thank yo for the reply.

• November 3, 2017 at 3:58 pm #158420
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

the snap distance option does exist, what I would like is to be able to set a DEFAULT snap distance for Elevations. I frequently have multiple elevations open and they should all,  I think, open to whatever snap distance I prefer. Closing an elevation and then re-opening it means I have to set the snap distance again.

I do NOT think that the work area and elevation snap distance should use the same preference, but I would like to have an elevation snap distance preference that would be static.

Maybe it is there and I just haven’t found it.

• November 3, 2017 at 5:57 pm #158434
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

You can create an Elevation Scheme that contains your desired “area snap”.  From “Display Tabs Schemes” in Preferences, you can then select your newly created scheme as the default for all your Elevations.

Hope this helps!

Thank you,

Santiago

• November 5, 2017 at 7:29 pm #158436

Hi Chris,
    Whereas what Santiago says is correct, if you aren’t familiar with Display Schemes then it might be a bit of a learning experience. The simple way to have a specific default Elevation snap is as follows (I would start with a new drawing and WARNING, this will change your default Display Scheme for all future drawings):

1) Place a single wall and a single cabinet on that wall then create your elevation.
    2) Right click in that Elevation and choose ‘Display Settings’
    3) Make a note of the name in the ‘Scheme’ box – in my case it is 2020 (metric) Elevation
    4) Go to the Work Area tab of the Display Settings and enter your preferred snap distance in. Note that as soon as you do this, the Scheme box will turn blank.
    5) Change any other settings for the display scheme that you want set as a default. This might include the font size and type used to label the cabinets etc.
    6) Click ‘Save As’ and scroll down until you see the name you made a note of in 3) then click on that name (a tick should appear) then click ‘Save’
    7) Click ‘OK’

Your changes have now been saved and will apply to all NEW drawings. To apply them to older drawings, open the drawing and elevation, click on the Scheme down arrow and (even if the elevation scheme name is already showing) click on the name as in 3) above. Now click apply and your preferred Elevation scheme will be applied to that elevation. Repeat for all the elevations.

If you would prefer not to change this scheme then at 6) type in whatever name you want, click Save and then go to Preferences/Display Tabs Scheme/Elevation and from the drop down arrow, pick the new name you entered and click OK then OK out of the Preferences.

IMHO, the 2020 Display Schemes are super powerful and useful and I would recommend playing about with them. You can have as many schemes as you want and apply them to differing drawings and elevations. We use this feature along with altering the tabs at the bottom to give our installers customised installation work sheets – for example, our floor plans AND Elevations are actually broken up into ‘Floor (all)’, ‘Floor and Tall’, ‘Wall and Tall’ etc.

Before you start the above, I’d recommend taking a back up of the existing Schemes before you customise them. The easy way to do this is with my free little 2020 Settings backup script – get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbwkpx6h2ptp2rk/V112020SettingsSaver.zip?dl=0

Unpack to the desktop then double click on the V112020SettingsSaver.cmd icon. Follow the instructions for the backup option and this will create a directory on the desktop called 2020RESCUE with the display schemes and other data in it.

If you think the scheme instructions would be easier to follow in a video file, I’d be happy to create one.

• November 6, 2017 at 12:42 pm #158505
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

@mike – excellent. I don’t know why I didn’t think of that! Thanks and great explanation on how to set that up.

• November 6, 2017 at 7:55 pm #158860
    Pauline
    Participant

I would really like a J mould door profile with adjustments to be available for the DPLUSM01 catalogue. I have lots of clients wanting finger pull opening doors and drawers and nothing is really available currently.

An updated handle selection would also be great and more choices for left and right hand sinks.

• November 6, 2017 at 8:58 pm #158861
    Pauline
    Participant

Also being able to have banks of drawers rather than just individual fronts would be good too.

• November 6, 2017 at 11:19 pm #158879

C & J Sections are certainly possible – see attached image. We also used to have a couple of door styles that would show as banked rather than individual but I think that was a custom modification for us by 2020 a decade back and we no longer have it.

Both options would be very desirable.

A Sharknose profile (fingerpull) would also be good although shortening the door and having a visible divider behind the gap would be adequate.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • November 7, 2017 at 10:14 pm #159629

The ability to send Private Messages via the forum.

• November 27, 2017 at 1:58 pm #161694
    Christopher Robles
    Participant

Hello I wanted to request the ability to change the numbering in the legend tab. In the legend tab all of the cabinets get a number, on the side of the floorplan there is an unchangeable note box with a list of all the numbered items in order of their number. I would like to be able to go into the note box and change the order and number of each cabinet to mach the numbering on my order form.

• November 28, 2017 at 11:44 am #161889
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

Rendering module window

If you are rendering a saved view it would be helpful (to me at least) if the title of the window included (or had the option to include) the saved view name.

• November 28, 2017 at 1:08 pm #161958
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

@mike:  Thank you for your suggestion. I will share it with 2020’s web team.

• November 28, 2017 at 1:21 pm #162001
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

@Pauline:  Thank you for your suggestion. I will share it with 2020’s Content team.

• November 28, 2017 at 2:26 pm #162040
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

Maybe someway to pause auto-saving, if enabled, while rendering?

• November 28, 2017 at 2:50 pm #162084
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Chris B,

We can definitely look into it.  What is the issue you would like to resolve?  Is it affecting the rendering performance?  Also, can you confirm which version of Design you are using?  Is is post V11.7 which has its high quality rendering done in the background?.

Thank you,

Santiago

• November 28, 2017 at 3:12 pm #162091
    Chris Blackman
    Participant

I am currently using 11.8.0.53. Yes when design auto-saves it pauses the rendering module and sometimes crashes. Although I think the crash is related to a different issue.

I do not use the stand-alone rendering program because it does not seem to find views I save in the rendering module.

• August 22, 2018 at 11:54 am #201059
    Lin Hamilton
    Pilot Pro

A. I would like to select which catalogs will appear in my printed quotes.  It is very frustrating to click “save paper”, then have 14 pages printed list (1) everything from the Decorative Catalog, (2) everything from every appliance catalog used, (3) all the under cabinet lighting, and so forth.

Yes, I can select page numbers, but even that takes time.

B. Why does there have to be a final tally page?  If “paper saving” is checked, why put this on a separate page.

• October 19, 2018 at 1:35 pm #209459
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

Please, please, please give us control over the numbering system.

2 months ago, I had to make some changes to an order after I’d placed it with my cabinet vendor.  Making those changes in 2020 caused the program to renumber the legend and the order forms, so it was nearly impossible to cross reference everything.

I spent a full day highlighting, cross checking, and sweating bullets.  I thought I got it right.

I didn’t. I missed a finished side and an end panel.  Now that the cabinets have arrived, I have a hot mess I have to figure out, and a cranky customer, and an annoyed contractor, and I look like a bumbler.  I don’t enjoy looking like a bumbler.

So please, allow us to control the numbering.

• October 31, 2018 at 11:23 am #211952
    Colin O’Neill
    Participant

Admins: Is there any plan to add items from the old ROOM_FUR to the 2020 Cloud? There is a stool I used all the time that went away with ROOM_FUR. Thanks!

Colin

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Colin O'Neill.
  • November 8, 2018 at 10:04 pm #214938
    Pete Faber
    Participant

Can I import the old ROOM FUR and other catalogs from an older version to my new 20/20 so I do not have to use the Cloud? In the Cloud there are not any wood stoves or fireplaces with wood mantles. I sell alternative heating products and use 20/20 to show the new heating appliance or fireplace as they would look in the customer’s room

• November 8, 2018 at 10:22 pm #214939

You certainly can install the older catalogues into the latest version – I’ve done that for most of my Designers. I mainly use (being Metric) ROOM_FUM, ROM_DEM and a modified ROOM_M – all of these came from the V9 days.

• January 7, 2019 at 3:02 pm #222767
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

Has anyone asked for dual monitor support?  I work on a laptop, but when I’m at my desk, I plug in to a 24″ monitor.  I’d love to drag all my toolbars and trays down to the laptop screen, and save the big monitor for my workspace.

• January 7, 2019 at 3:23 pm #222768
    Chris Setlock
    Participant

A potential time saver, especially on baths:  Allowing us to group surface areas, similar to cascading tile sheets.  If a client wants to see a different tile, I can change “tile 1” and each of the surface areas using that pattern will change.

• January 7, 2019 at 4:51 pm #222769
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your input. You can currently move all the docked windows controls onto a separate screen. Moreover, you can also move all the perspective windows. What additional controls would you like to move as well?

I took down your request for the grouping of surfaces.

Thank you,

Santiago

• January 8, 2019 at 12:19 am #222780
    Robert
    Participant

Renderings would look better if the light properties for windows and doors could be adjusted, dimmed or turned on/off. And the scene lighting needs some help. This setting should adjust the brightness of the room instead of it looking like there are a bunch of  recessed ceiling lights that are too close to the cabinets and the top of the wall cabinets are shaded.  Your door styles could use some updating, most of them are not even usable. Same goes for your hardware. While your at it group them better, all slab then all raised- square/arch/ then  recessed and so on. Group all handles, then all knobs. Some better backgrounds for windows would be nice, pool decks, backyards, beach, lakes etc.  Same for the doors, living rooms, dining rooms, hallways etc..

I recently purchased a 34″ wide monitor and it would be great if  there was an option for the work area, floor plans & elevations to be divided vertically

Also a predetermined wall option like the  closed square but with cathedral ceilings would be nice. Even better would be a way to import the floor plans into 2020 right from the blueprints.

• January 8, 2019 at 12:52 am #222781

34″! 4K resolution I hope – I’m jealous.

Good points although I must admit that I would rather be able to detach the elevation window and move it around – preferably (as others have mentioned) onto a different screen.

I agree with the lighting comments – this often takes longer to get good results than I would prefer. Similarly, most of the standard stuff like knobs/handles and door styles (not to mention the default appliances) could definitely be updated. We often use patterned drawers  in both banked (pattern through the whole set of drawers) or individual (pattern per drawer) formats and this would be superb.

Still, development is ongoing so hopefully if enough people ask…

• January 10, 2019 at 2:09 am #223179

One that I would dearly love to see

New (from template) so that we can save some configs as .tpl files and then not have to set everything up from scratch each time.

Also that the installation automatically assigns .tpl to 2020 Design rather than having to do it manually.

• January 17, 2019 at 12:33 pm #224336
    Travis Davies
    Participant

+1 Mike. This would help tremendously!

• January 17, 2019 at 5:24 pm #224367
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Hey Robert!

Yes – I ended up creating a jpeg sheet of photos of my fave pulls and knobs with their numbers, so I didn’t have to scroll endlessly! LOL!  And I definiately use my own scenery…agree!

FINGER PULLS for doors and drawers – something that appears on the LIP of the door or drawer would be great!

As to the light coming in from windows and doors, you can turn it off by going to the window/door’s Light Properties and changing the colour of the light to black.

Sometimes I’ve added a little ambient light coming through the window by turning off the light, then placing a couple of pucks behind the window pointed in – but that’s a pain – and you have to be careful you don’t get a proximity glare on your Scenery Panel/Background.

Ariana

• January 29, 2019 at 2:05 pm #225517
    Gregg Meyers
    Participant

Would love to be able to move Elevation views to a second monitor, as we can with Renderings, to free up visual workspace.

• January 31, 2019 at 8:08 pm #225770
    Robert
    Participant

Hello Ariana,

Thank you for the window lighting tip, changing the color to black helped tremendously!

And Greg, I agree. being able to move the elevation to another monitor would be spectacular.

• February 1, 2019 at 9:36 am #225784
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello,

Thank you for the Elevation undocking suggestion. Would moving the whole elevation pane (containing all active elevations) be sufficient? Or would you require the capability to move every elevations independently?

Thank you,

Santiago

• February 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm #225932

For myself, having the pane on a separate screen would be OK. Most of my users have 3 monitors so have a full floor plan on one screen, elevations on another and leaving the last screen for Outlook etc would be fine. No need to split off individual elevations.

• February 4, 2019 at 7:16 pm #225933
    Travis Davies
    Participant

Having the elevations on separate screen would be a great feature IMO. Having the elevations work with a layout open at the same time would be even better.

Some other wishes…..

1. Better way to add And format text across all elevations and floor plan.

2. Better renderings. This has already been discussed but something has to be done here ASAP. This worked better in V9. Builders and Installers need clear B&W renderings not photoshop. No way of doing it in V11 that I’ve seen so far

3. The ability to group and price rooms  separately on same drawing. If separate catalogs are needed then there needs to be a way to rename a room and not be separated by catalog.

4. Favorites section for things that are used all the time, especially annotations/notes. A way to drag a simple note like “1 ” filler”

5. Update all the outdated fixtures, sinks, hardware, windows, doors etc.

6. Rendering performance improvement- Lighting that looks natural, white cabinets that actually look white.

7. Huge wish list item. If at all possible, having a way to set up settings to print all elevation, front views, Layout etc with one or two clicks as a package.

• February 12, 2019 at 8:04 pm #226830

1. I don’t find this a massive problem but I agree that it would be nice if Notes could be part of the display schema settings in the same way as other items – it’s listed there but each tab seems to have it’s own ‘notes’ layer. I can understand that this is an advantage if you want different notes on the countertop tab compare to all but maybe have Notes (All), Notes (No Dims) etc so you can choose what shows and where.

2. Never had a problem with builders – they get plans and elevations and hidden line renders. I do agree however, that the render engine could be speeded up – there is little render speed difference between a PC with a basic graphics card and a PC of the same spec but with high end graphics card.

3. This would be nice but would be very memory intensive. Perhaps when the 64 bit version comes along, this can be considered.

4. Favourites everywhere would be nice but you can already have standard notes etc stored and selectable quickly. Worst case, keep an open word/wordpad document elsewhere with all the notes you want readily available for copy/paste. See picture.

5. 100%!!! If they updated the shapes in the COMMON catalogue, this would be a very worthwhile change that could apply to everyone easily! Also whereas the cloud is good, it’s too slow for many users who design lots of kitchens and have limited time to spend on each design.

6. Yes, very true. Perhaps a new Lighting Wizard would help as well as render engine ‘tweaking’

7. Never had a problem with this so not sure what the issue is. The only thing I would like is to be able to select the floorplan section BEFORE the elevations. Currently we have to print the floorplan section on its own to PDF, then we print the elevations and have to add it to the back of the PDF and then we can print all of these together (in actual fact, we usually just send the PDF to the trades etc). See picture.

Attachments:
  • February 12, 2019 at 10:13 pm #226849
    Travis Davies
    Participant

I should have been a little clearer on a few of these.

Favorites- This is not just “notes” but say appliances you have tweaked, plumbing fixtures, lights – anything used all the time.

Renderings- just need the ability to clean them up like V9 so they don’t look like something made in an etch a sketch

Priting Packages- Say you could set the order and what was printed in a nice clean package. Layout, Renderings, ISO, Elevations etc.

9. Improved Countertop Wizard

• February 12, 2019 at 10:30 pm #226850

Favourites – well this is what the Idea Centre is supposed to do but you have to remember to back it up and restore it when updating your 2020- version. Personally, I keep all mine in a couple of .KIT files as they stick around no matter what! Here’s an idea – why could 2020 not not tie the favourites to the Designers’ Cloud account as this would sort that issue!

Renderings – again, not really had a problem. If we send out the paper copies to the trades, we use hidden line or occasionally Colour+Edges. Clients get to see a high res render in Texture mode and/or a Panoramic render.

Printing Packages – well the only thing you can’t include automatically are the renderings and as I said, it’s easy to tack them on to a PDF.

9. Improved Countertop Wizard. Yes, too many bugs in this one but it generally works OK for the most part but when it does go wrong…hoo boy! Also they need to make sure that Cloud benchtop items don’t cause issues – I have a few cloud sinks that don’t seem to do the cutout correctly.

And I’m sure this has been mentioned before but a better Sketchup import! Too many Sketchup items cause issues. Agreed that it’s usually the bigger file sizes with too many Polygons.

More control over the print layout borders/content would be nice (I hate the Drawing Layout setup and never use it but I believe they are working to improve it). There is no reason to have such a severe limitation on logo size etc. That said, again we can solve this by using an overlay option in the Print to PDF software (we use the PDF X-Change package which is awesome and allows us to edit/annotate PDFs as well).

• February 13, 2019 at 2:48 pm #226879
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Yes – I also store my “tweaked” stuff in a kit file.

I find that custom textures get lost when you put something in the Idea Centre.

Also – if you really liked something from V9 (like my fave: the tray of artichokes!), you can open a copy of the kitchen in V11 – and copy/paste the old item to a new kit file – but if you put it in the Idea Centre, it will never come out again! LOL!

I’ve created a lot of “custom” plants, light fixtures, etc from hacking and combining existing Cloud or “old” catalogue items – live-edge wood counters, etc – but they turn concrete grey if I put them in Idea Centre.

Kit files.  Big fan.

SketchUp items are not modifiable once you hit SAVE on the kit file – so I make as many copies as I can – in every colour I think I will ever want before I save! LOL!

If Idea Centre “held” mods better, I would use it more.

😉

• February 19, 2019 at 11:03 am #227253
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Here’s an odd wish!

Could the Cloud chairs be made so that when you mod their height, it’s the legs that grow?

Right now, it’s the chairback that gets longer – which isn’t helpful – but if one could adjust the leg length, then ANY chair could be a counterheight OR barheight stool!

• February 25, 2019 at 4:45 pm #227581
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Ariana,

I like this idea. Most likely this could be implemented with our Cloud Configurable solution. I will pass along this request to the Cloud Content team.

Thank you,

Santiago

• February 26, 2019 at 10:03 am #227655
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Cheers, Santiago!

• March 13, 2019 at 5:33 pm #229561
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

Man, Mike, many great options there!

My opinions/ideas mirror others as well and maybe one not mentioned:

-Better rendering process. My 1080ti gc & high end cpu renders as slowly as the old computer i had worked on in the showroom, which ran like a poor mans laptop. The “Scetch” looks really bad, even in High.

-Floating Elevation window. Would be extremely helpful!

*Side note* I used v.9 at the old showroom, and although it was a slower computer for the most part, I’ve experienced more bugs in v.11.

-Can’t move architectural elements in the rendering module  like cabinets can be. That needs to change.

-I haven’t found this in the program, so I’m guessing its not available: auto square footage “calculator”. Whenever a floor plan/backsplash is created, maybe have an option in attributes that calculates the square footage/inches/etc.. between specified points. Not sure how feasible it is and although not extremely necessary (falls in the “would be nice” category), it would make some calculations much quicker.

-Multiple countertop selecting:  Whenever selecting multiple countertops and changing the texture in attributes, it makes the countertops all disappear when going back to the layout.

-Some weird lighting coming from windows, even with sun & ceiling lights off. Don’t know why there’s an external light source but this needs to be removed in the next update.

-being able to move items in a wall space much more freely as they would move around the rest of the floor plan. Having them move just left/right and having to constantly click the right mouse button to move in/out is extremely inconvenient especially when needing to place in a tight spot. Again, this was not an issue with v.9

-Less graphic/memory usage when it comes to floorplan/elevation. Having items like Kohler fixtures cycling through their item every time there’s some movement to the elevation is frustrating, even with a higher-end pc. Not like we need high graphic settings in an elevation but it may be related to something else I’m not thinking of.

-Fixing Countertop/trim wizard. Also not requiring generic catalog to use a brand name countertop.

I think that’s all for now- all that I’m thinking of at least.

And if there’ something I requested that is already an option that i missed, please let me know.

• March 13, 2019 at 6:07 pm #229562
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Hi Erik,

I believe Surface calculates your square footage – and to “turn off” the light coming in the window, I right click the window and choose the Light Properties, and change the colour of the light to Black.

Your other points, though – I don’t think they exist in the program yet – I too notice the V11 crashes a lot.

I try and shut it down completely when I leave my desk – if it’s open too long – even doing nothing – it gets crashy.

• March 13, 2019 at 6:25 pm #229563
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

Thought of another one!

-Being able to select between different wall groups within one wall properties window

• March 21, 2019 at 1:54 pm #230632
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

-When opening up a design with elevations, the design space shrinks instead of being at the size where left off.

Also, creating a new elevation while double clicking on the wall space, often can’t find the design space; Having to zoom far out in the hopes it shows up in the window. Or what happens more often: if there are no elevations, after creating a new one and increasing the elevation window size, have to search around for the design space. It would be awesome not having to do that anymore.

-Also opening more than one design would be very much appreciated

• March 21, 2019 at 3:31 pm #230750
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Erik,

Thank you for your feedback.  I took note of your suggestion.

In the mean time, I suggest you double click the middle mouse button on an elevation.  This should automatically resize the content.  Please note you can also use this capability in a perspective view.

I am not sure what you mean about opening up more than one design.  This is possible within 2020 Design.  You can even tile multiple opened design by clicking the “Arrange All” button in the “view” tab.

Thank you,

Santiago

• March 21, 2019 at 8:15 pm #230757
    Travis Davies
    Participant

I think what Erik was asking is having the ability to having more than one design open but having the ability to easily click between designs without multiple steps. Either hovering over it or Control Tab to toggle back and forth would be amazing.

For lots of us, simple steps like this would save us tons of time. Especially when you have a production builder and you have to reference or copy information from a “Master” plan. Also, when you have to take a “Master” plan and draw it in several different configurations.

• March 22, 2019 at 1:39 pm #230832
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

Thank you for that middle mouse tip- All this time and had no idea!

Exactly, Travis. I have multiple versions of a design, with various door styles (multiple styles within a design as well), it would be so much more convenient to jump between them and copy/paste changes. Also, as you said, referencing from a “master plan”.

And now I’m receiving alot of “run time” errors, shutting down the program. Go to start it up again and says it’s open already. Have to go to Task Manager to shut the process down. Oh well.

• March 31, 2019 at 8:15 pm #231603
    Robert
    Participant

I would like to see more info in the information box, such as…..

what catalog the cabinet is from

door style and color

dimensions for available space L&R to closest cabinet

center from both L&R of cabinet

pretty much would like as much info as possible

• April 1, 2019 at 9:01 am #231604
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the feedback.   We took note of this request.

Santiago

• April 13, 2019 at 12:40 pm #234237
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Another odd request!

I sometimes like to highlight an area of the design to the attention to the client – perhaps a potential collision issue, perhaps a bad sight-line, etc – and right now I use the Circle or Rectangle in a bright colour – but I would love to be able to FILL those geometric shapes with a translucent, soft colour – like a virtual highlighter pen –

At the moment, if I flood the shape with colour, it blots out anything beneath it – but I’d like a soft, transparent colour overlay.

A gal can wish, right?

Cheers,

Ariana

• April 13, 2019 at 1:30 pm #234238
    Lin Hamilton
    Pilot Pro

Ariana,

I take everything (floor plans, elevations, renderings) into Snagit, a screen capture program.  There I can add notes, great arrows, high-lighting in different colors and transparency and so forth.  I can match colors to cover up minor color flaws.

Spoiler alert: I am related to the CEO of the company which sells Snagit, but I was using it long before she took the job.

If I did it correctly, I attached an example.

Attachments:
  • April 13, 2019 at 2:29 pm #234248
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Wow!

We primarily work directly with the 2020 file open when the clients are here – but that’s a great idea!

Thanks!

• April 22, 2019 at 3:10 pm #235440
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

A nuance that I’ve always experienced since v.9 atleast: when creating a Line or Running Line, the selecting of it and items around a line created is all FUBAR. Normally, in order to select an item, moreso in the elevation area, you would click on the item and all would be right with the world.. but in this case, the selection area of a created Line goes way beyond that Line, making it very difficult and some ways impossible to select any items around that created Line. And forget trying to click on a dimension associated with that created Line.
    This needs to be fixed in whatever update is next. Give it about 1/8″ beyond that Line’s selection area.

Hope you all know what I mean.

• April 22, 2019 at 5:22 pm #235454
    Travis Davies
    Participant

Making any kind of notes is much easier and faster with a pdf editor, then 2020 is currently set up to handle. I have Acrobat, Nuance and Nitro and they all have their pros and cons with each. Acrobat is more user friendly but is limited to what it can do compared to the others. Not to mention it costs significantly more.

I mainly print the front views of each wall where cabinets are going then add notes with arrows as needed. You can make notes all over the pages in a matter a few seconds.

Good luck!

• April 23, 2019 at 8:26 pm #235581

For PDF creating, annotation etc, I recommend PDF X-Change – we have been using it for years, have a company license and it is awesome. Quick, easy and so many features.

However, for general 2020 work, most of my designers use the 2020 notes feature and have lots of standard paragraphs saved as individual notes with file names like:

1. Plumber – Sink & Tap
    2. Plumber – Dishwasher
    3. Plumber – Laundry
    4. Sparky – Rangehood

and so on. It’s easy and fast.

• April 24, 2019 at 12:56 pm #235608
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

So – I’m not sure if this is the right thread for this….

My wish for the latest incarnation of 2020 would be that older appliances from the cloud not be “invisible” in an elevation!

I have an Idea Centre called “Matching Appliance Suites” – so I pull, let’s say, the Stainless selection – and what drops on my floorplan is electric slide-in, electric range with head, standard hood, decorative hood, OTR micro hood, two different dishwashers, a 30″W, 33″W, and a 36″W fridge (all french doors so I don’t need to worry about swing).

I delete the ones that don’t apply and I’ve got a quick, easy set of common appliances that look good – and all the stainless colours match.

Problem is, many of them have been living in my Idea Centre for awhile – so I get that “update” pop-up.  I click “do it now”, but the speckly dots remain on the appliances, and then when I do an elevation they’re invisible.

I love the Idea Centre for this – rather than hunting down the appliances every time – then finding the colours don’t quite match….. but the invisible thing is super frustrating!

Cheers,

Ariana

• April 25, 2019 at 9:14 am #235761
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Ariana

This looks like a bug. We will follow up with this accordingly. An agent might contact you if we are not able to reproduce in-house.

Thank you,

Santiago

• April 25, 2019 at 12:18 pm #235801
    Lin Hamilton
    Pilot Pro

Back to Robert’s request. I need a way of distinguishing between catalogs on the floor plan and elevations. I am often using two-three manufacturer catalogs to create a an island in a different style/color than the perimeter. When I am in the zone designing, I often forget to note which catalog I am using and cannot catch it until I see a texture perspective. Then I have to go back and change cabinets to the other catalog.

Another long-gone design program (Autograph?) I used years ago allowed you to assign colors to each catalog (like the blue for appliances). That feature saved time.

• April 25, 2019 at 12:31 pm #235802
    Lin Hamilton
    Pilot Pro

Older appliance models need to remain available in 2020. In reality, homeowners do not replace a functioning 5-year old refrigerator when purchasing new cabinets. Having that model graphic available to stick in a design helps eliminate appliance sizing issues and impresses customers.

Putting appliances in the cloud may help for interesting color effects, but the manufacturer catalogs should remain. It is much easier to search for specific model numbers in the manufacturer catalog than scroll through pictures. Because you moved the GE French-door refrigerators to the cloud, I am forced to use a very old GE catalog to find what I need.

• April 25, 2019 at 4:05 pm #235912
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Regarding the recessed lights – I use a TON of them – and I have to put a little note next to each one consisting just of the “>” symbol.  I then rotate the note until the > is pointing like an arrow to indicate where that particular spot is pointing.

For awkward or tight kitchens, I often have very manipulated, targeted lights specifically pointing in directions that, admittedly, would never be true in real life, but lights the cabinets up nicely for a rendering.

If the spots just automatically had a little, subtle arrow that pointed in the direction the spot was pointing (no arrow if straight down) as soon as I set the Horizontal – that would be really helpful!

Ariana

• May 2, 2019 at 11:06 am #236163
    Charles Seyferth
    Participant
    • Sinks that can have their dimensions modified – L, W, and D
    • Selectable interior & exterior walls in the ribbon, and default settings for them (like thickness, materials, etc.)
    • Ability to lock items & walls in place to avoid accidentally moving them.
    • A generic door/window catalog that has set sizes (ex. Doors D2668, D2868, D3068, Bifold BF3068, BF4068, BF5068 / Double Hung DH3430, DH2446, Fixed FX4046 / etc.), or even get with popular manufacturers like Andersen, Pella, or Jeld-Wen for actual catalogs of their products.
  • May 7, 2019 at 11:06 am #236369
    Denis Perez
    Participant

I have the best idea to bring the graphics on the rendering and 2020 design overall to the next level. Why dont you guys scrap your render engine all together and incorporate Unreal Engine as your rendering solution. Not only your renders will look incredibly realistic without constantly refreshing, but also you gain access to realtime raytracing on clients who have the RTX video cards! That would be amazing. Like if we could have the same control over cabinets, parts (flexibility of scaling, rotating and moving like in  the UE Editor) would make making adjustments, adding decorative elements so much easier. Or if you would like to continue using your render solution then bring it to UE kind of level of quality and bring raytracing at least. Just my humble opinion maybe I am dreaming or asking for too much…

• May 7, 2019 at 3:48 pm #236498
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello Ariana,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding lights orientation indicator. We have noted it.

Thanks again.

Santiago

• May 7, 2019 at 7:44 pm #236541

Hi Denis,
    There may be commercial reasons why the Unreal engine is not feasible but certainly there are faster/better render engines out there. I did have a quick look at exporting designs to Unity but ran out of time. I also played with exporting the whole design to Sketchup and using one of the Sketchup render engines but the learning curve was just a pain. I think we just have to keep the pressure on but also to bear in mind that improvements in hardware are one of the best ways to improve render speeds. One of my designers is about to take delivery of an i9 system with RTX video card and I can’t wait to see how it does on 2020 renders!

• May 8, 2019 at 9:56 am #236587
    Travis Davies
    Participant

I built a machine a desktop that can handle about any game on the market just for 2020. You still have to select a high quality rendering to make it look halfway decent. The hardware does help but not really the main reason why renderings take so long or have poor quality.

Why would they look better with V9 then V11………

• May 8, 2019 at 10:05 am #236590
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Wow.  Either we have really terrific computers, or we have much lower standards than than others – I keep thinking how great our renders look with V11!

• May 8, 2019 at 10:23 am #236591
    Lin Hamilton
    Pilot Pro

Ariana,

I agree. There are people in my showroom still using V9 and their renderings are much lower quality than my 11.x ones.

Rendering quality (especially textures) depending on the manufacturer catalog being used. Some of the cabinet companies (UltraCraft) have excellent renderings. Others such as lower-end builders grade have horrible color or texture renderings.

Kohler, Stanisci, and a number of non-cabinet manufacturers have such detailed renderings that use up so much memory I sometimes just put them in a design copy for graphic purposes and leave them out of the working file.

• May 8, 2019 at 10:38 am #236592
    Denis Perez
    Participant

I think its a matter of maximizing the usage of the available graphic card. I dont know why it has to be constantly refreshing like that. And definetly realtime raytracing will be amazing. Like if they incorporate game engine features you will get something that looks like its prerendered and close what VRay its capable of. That is why I suggest they should explore changing their rendering engine all together and letting us have more control over objects and textures (rotate textures easily, scale objects in the perspective 3D view, add drag and drop textures, do some polygon modifiers (add bevel to surfaces more more realism, UV adjusting etc) will make 2020 a monster and it will shake the industry all together. Hopefully this things could be implemented soon…one mor thing realtime measurements (when I scale objects in the 3D view measurements get adjusted). I love 2020 and hope to see this features soon.

• May 8, 2019 at 10:39 am #236593
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Yes, Lin.

For one of my cabinet suppliers I create the textures for all their cabinets myself – and I know what you mean about Kohler!  I ended up creating my own modern sinks and storing them in my Idea Centre….  I look forward to the 64bit version of 2020 coming out for the FAUCETS I’ll be able to get from SketchUp if nothing else! LOL

• May 8, 2019 at 11:57 am #236594
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Denis, apparently the constant need to close the program to clear the cache is due to how Windows allots memory to a 32bit program.  They’ve said the 64bit version should solve that issue.

So – a solution to that is on the horizon! Yay!

• June 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm #241094
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Hi 2020 Genies!

My wish is the ability to assign different colours in the floorplan to different catalogues, so when I’m designing with more than one catalogue, each cabinet, filler, etc in the second or third catalogue shows as a different hue on the floorplan –

Currently I am doing it manually, one item at a time, in both the “All” and the “All (no dims)” tabs.  The ability to do it en masse would be AWESOME.

• June 17, 2019 at 1:14 pm #241196
    Tyler Kehl
    Participant

When applying a custom texture to an object, allow us to overlay the texture onto the object – instead of 2020 automatically applying it. This will help with multiple things –  such as getting that vein just right on that countertop, aligning and image correctly on a TV screen, lining up tiles correctly, etc.

• June 18, 2019 at 11:01 am #241311
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Hi Tyler, when I want a TV image or the front of a custom microwave or something VERTICAL to stay exactly where I put it – I use a Scenery Panel (ROOM Generic – under Windows) and if your image is the same proportion WxH as the panel – it will place exactly and never drift.

I would LOVE the 2020 gods to create an equivalent Scenery panel that was HORIZONTAL for just as you mentioned: ctops with character, or a special feature rug, etc.

Ariana

• June 18, 2019 at 12:52 pm #241346
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

What about:

Panorama and High Def Image *light optimization*?

I find a nice level of lighting in “Medium” or even “High” in Textures…when I launch a HiDef, or do a Pano, the light looks WAY brighter – sometimes blown out.

It would be great if there was a little window that popped up that showed your image with optimization engaged – and you could inch a slider to make it a little brighter or darker than optimal if you want, THEN initiate.

If that’s possible.

I tend to think of 2020 Central as Hogwart’s – I realize that.

Ariana

• July 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #243350

Can we please get a full selection of architectural symbols including plumbing, electrical, HVAC, construction (e.g. insulation, new wall) etc in 2020 Cloud.

• July 15, 2019 at 2:43 pm #243388
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

Not sure if it’s been recommended but I find it fairly annoying not being able to increase window sizes such as “Obstacles & Openings”. Not as important but it would be great to have a “sample” image of what each selection looks like.

And exactly what Mike just requested about having all of those symbols available in the cloud

• July 15, 2019 at 3:04 pm #243419
    Erik Tornquist
    Participant

Oh, also in the “Placement” window, there should be a ceiling & floor value that could be set.

• August 5, 2019 at 10:52 pm #244679

Can the Legending PLEASE be changed so that add-ons show as an offset item immediately below the cabinet they have been added to. Currently, they show in the order they were added.

We use (for example) an add-on for when we scallop/notch the left or right side of a cabinet for a sink/coopktop. Ideally we would want the legend to be similar to this:

1. F7502D
    1.2  NOTCH.LH
    2. F600LD
    3. F600RD

Attached is a pic of how it happens at the moment.

Attachments:
  • August 6, 2019 at 1:50 am #244689

Please add the ability to use system and predefined variables in the print layouts (specifically warnart, warndes and warndim.txo). An example would be date/time options and name of user.

• August 19, 2019 at 8:18 am #246094
    Travis Davies
    Participant

100% agree Mike!

• August 21, 2019 at 1:20 pm #246261
    Ariana Thompson
    Participant

Erik, your 2020 doesn’t give you images of what the windows look like before you drop them??

Weird.  That would drive me crazy.

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.