Work Area Toolbar

• November 22, 2016 at 2:20 pm #112177
      kgalehouse
      Participant

My toolbars keep disappearing or changing location on me.  I have completely lost my orange bar normally located at the bottom of my work space that houses my snap, ortho and camera.  The only way I can see it is there is right clicking on my drawing, “show item list” and it appears but the item list won’t go away.  When I try to get the camera from there, it disappears again.  Anyone else have this problem or how to get the “work area toolbar” back?  Thank you!

• December 6, 2016 at 10:30 am #113374
      Participant

Moved to 2020 Design forum for greater visibility

2020 Admin

• December 6, 2016 at 4:37 pm #113488
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi,

If you go to your maintenance tools and select 2020 Design Registry Reset it will reset your program to the default settings and should put your orange bar back for you.

Neil

• December 6, 2016 at 10:09 pm #113492

Just bear in mind that the Registry Reset clears all your personalised settings.

If you are familiar with manipulation of the Windows Registry then once everything is the way you want it, you might want to use regedit  to export the 2020 section (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\20-20 Design) to your desktop. This way, if you lose your toolbars again, you should be able to get them back by double clicking the file to bring those settings back into the registry.

Use this method at your own risk – it is not officially sanctioned but it works well for me.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.