Your license number is void.

• February 21, 2017 at 8:36 pm #120561
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

Decided to work on a project from home, so I grabbed my 2020 key before leaving the office, logged in at home, downloaded the newest version and was ready to get to work, and I’m met with this:

“Your license number is void.  Please contact 2020 support for more information.”

Well, guess what?  Support is not open 24 hours a day.  But don’t worry!  There is a free 30 day trial!  Except the main feature I need – 360 panoramic – is not accessible in the free trial.

Now I will have to return to work to get this project done before my meeting tomorrow.  It’s little things like this that just kill a person.  If I’m forced to have a dongle plugged in to use my software, then it should work on whatever device I plug said dongle in on.

• February 22, 2017 at 1:00 am #120562

I’ve never had ANY trouble moving dongles between machines no matter if they are Virtual Machines or ‘real’ machines.

The only thing you have to be careful of is that you make sure the time settings are accurate on both machines and that you leave a minute or 2 between using the dongle on 1 machine and then plugging it into a different machine – if the second machine has an earlier date or time than the first machine, it can void the license and lock the key until you get a release code from 2020 support (basically it thinks you are trying to avoid an expiry date).

Did you reboot the home computer after installation?

Edit: Just a thought but it could be to do with running 2 different versions. I haven’t had any problem with this in the past but maybe the new software license option could be messing it up. Make sure both computers are the same version of 2020 Design and try again.

• February 22, 2017 at 9:29 am #120565
      George
      2020 Admin

Hello Danny,

In most cases the message implies that you were not current with your Support status at the time of the release of the version you have installed. I would suggest sending an email to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com along with your security device license number that is prompting the message and the version you have installed as well. This info will help get you up and running and ensure you are registered correctly in order to generate 360 Pano views.

Thank you

• February 22, 2017 at 9:53 am #120566
      Danny Steiger
      Pilot Pro

Running the same version on both computers, and a month or two ago we paid our subscription, so it shouldn’t have had anything to do with that.

I know that support would be able to help me during business hours, but when it’s after hours and a critical project needs to be done, that’s where the hurt is.

When DRM/security gets in the way of your paying, legal customers you are doing it wrong.

• February 22, 2017 at 9:59 am #120567
      George
      2020 Admin

The type of code you require does not update your security device but rather the installation files. Going forward however with new releases, you should not encounter the same issue if you have reinstated your Support.

• June 10, 2018 at 10:51 am #190573
      Candice Keilin
      Participant

I agree often work needs to be done after hours and I’ve also encountered a an e lured liscense message to a brand new paid in full downloaded sodtware

i hate 2020

• June 11, 2018 at 5:15 pm #190716
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Guys,

The days of the hard key numbered and we are working towards a system where you will be able to log in to the software using an email and password (softkey).  This will give you access to the program on multiple machines as long as you are only logged in to one at a time 🙂 and there will no more void license messages as your account will be validated by the log in server rather a file in the install that can be out of date.

Neil

• June 11, 2018 at 8:08 pm #190717

Hi Neil,

I understand the reason for doing this but PLEASE bear in mind that your authentication server seems to go offline frequently (as evidenced by numerous complaints). Can I suggest that the team builds in a 3 day grace period from the last successful authentication. In this way, if someone logs in over a weekend and the server is down, they can still do their work.

• June 13, 2018 at 10:13 am #191307
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Mike,

There is a 7 day timer built in to the license so you can go to Cancun for 7 days and design on the beach for 6.99 days before you need to log in again. 🙂

Neil

• June 13, 2018 at 7:04 pm #191538

Hi Neil,

Good to know! Thanks very much – glad someone thought of this.

Cheers

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.