If you’re a kitchen and bath industry professional that is looking to attract new customers and audiences, it is crucial to have a presence on social media. While Facebook is still the number one social network, Pinterest and Houzz are great tools for design professionals. Getting acquainted with new platforms may seem daunting, but there is no better time than the present.
Here, we’ll break down Pinterest and Houzz to show you how you can help grow your brand on social media. Through a little patience and some dedication, we think you can do it!
Before you post anything on any platform, make sure you understand your purpose – i.e., what are your marketing goals. Is it to drive customers to your website, connect with your audience, drive sales or increase brand awareness (can be a combination of all).
- You can use Promoted Pins, which look like regular pins but are actually paid by a brand and seen by more people. One-tap Promoted Pins now let pinners go straight to the website of where the content originated from (i.e. your website) and complete a purchase.
- Try Promoted Video – Pinterest has seen a 60% increase over the last year. These allow users to easily discover content.
- Create themed Pinterest Boards: you can connect written, photo and video resources in one place and users can share this.
- Use longer images (700 pixels x 1,400)
With over 65 million active users, Houzz is a sanctuary for kitchen and bath design, combining a social media network, a business directory and a tool for design professionals to collaborate with customers.
- If you’re a design professional, you can create a Pro Profile for free.
- Build your portfolio by showcasing your recently completed projects.
- Make sure to add keywords to your work so it shows up in a search.
- Create Ideabooks: visitors can actually share photos from your ideabooks.
- Interact with others by following other Houzz users and take part in discussions.
- Add a Houzz Badge to your website so that visitors can go right to your Houzz page from your website.
There’s no one-size-fits-all solution for finding what works best for your brand.
It’s really about getting acquainted with different platforms and generating interesting and unique content that users can connect with. When used properly and smartly, social media can have tremendous potential for your brands. Our biggest advice – just get on and try it.
See more Kitchen and Bath blogs
Share this Post