2020 Design V12 – 64 Bit!

• November 5, 2019 at 1:27 pm #258707
    Santiago Morales
    2020 Expert

Hello 2020 Users!

We are thrilled to let you know that 2020 Design v12 is now available! The latest version is powerful, stable and full of fun features to enhance your designs.

What’s new in 2020 Design v12:

• A powerful and more stable 64-bit architecture
    • Support for the latest SketchUp models
    • Increased precision added to light placement with the addition of cross-hairs
    • And so much more….

Click here to learn more

Thank you!

Santiago

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by 2020.
  • November 6, 2019 at 12:52 pm #258975
    Jay Adams
    Participant

Excited about the update but also already having issues. It already is slower than last version. Its not file size because the file was created in version 11. Catalog browser is missing and was one of my favorite ‘shortcuts’ to view all items. What can you suggest to run a stable v12? I am using a computer with required specs to run v12 if not more. Please advise.

• November 7, 2019 at 6:58 pm #259129

Hi Jay, I certainly don’t find it any slower than V11 and on renders it definitely seems faster. I’m on a Toshiba Laptop – specs are i7-4710HQ processor – peaks at 3.5GHz, 16GB of RAM, dual SATA SSD drives and an AMD R9 M200MX graphics set – it’s 5 years old and still provides acceptable performance in V12.

One comment I’ve seen come up in the Facebook forum is that users on AMD Ryzen systems are having fewer crashes in 2020 than when they were on Intel. That has not been my experience in the past but the Ryzen series definitely offers more computing power for less $$

If you aren’t a member of the Facebook forum, it’s a great 2020 community that is very active and has more than 1,000 members. https://www.facebook.com/groups/2020PUG/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags