Decorative Catalog – What do you think?

• April 7, 2016 at 2:46 pm #84378
      Participant

You may have already discovered the huge difference decorative items can make to your designs. We’re quite excited by recent updates to the catalog, exclusively available in 2020 Cloud but we want to know what you think!

Did you add any items? If not, why not? Are there items you were looking for but didn’t see?

We’re constantly adding more decorative items, & your suggestions and thoughts are important to us so let us know what you think!

UPDATED June 26th – Did you know you can now review all the Decorative Items on a web page and submit suggestions for new items? Check it out!

• May 9, 2016 at 11:32 am #87881
      Nick
      Participant

How do I find decorative items ?

Thanks

Nick

• May 16, 2016 at 11:39 am #88779
      Michael Manners
      Participant

Good question, where are they

• June 6, 2016 at 3:53 am #91133
      Jim Smalley
      2020 Moderator

Hi Nick and Michael,

The decorative items catalogue is one of many accessible to users of 2020 Fusion on 2020 Cloud. For further information on 2020 Cloud and how to access/use it, please refer to the following guide.

In the event of any difficulties, please contact 2020 Fusion support for further advice.

• July 7, 2016 at 9:43 am #94500
      Richard
      Participant

I really REALLY want some traditional Kitchen scales – The old fashioned type like this:

https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQyOFgxNjAw/z/1ocAAOSwJQdXChwJ/$_35.JPG

• July 8, 2016 at 4:22 am #94754
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Richard

Thanks for your request. Leave it with us and we’ll get this added as soon as possible. I’ll update this thread once weΒ have an anticipated publish date.

Thanks again.

James

• July 14, 2016 at 5:28 am #95181
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Richard

As agreed, we’ve now added some traditional scales to the Decorative Items catalog. The latest version is now published amd ready for you – just typeΒ traditionalΒ in the Item Name filter box. Please let us know what you think?

Thanks

James

• July 14, 2016 at 5:45 am #95192
      Richard
      Participant

Hi James – Triple thumbs up! Looks great, cheers for obliging!

I could give you loads of suggestions for other items… If you want them, of course!

• July 14, 2016 at 5:47 am #95193
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Richard – please keep the requests coming. We’ll see what we can do πŸ™‚

Thanks for replying with the good news…

James

• July 19, 2016 at 4:11 am #95880
      Nicholas Nell
      Participant

Hi

Is 2020 Cloud still region specific. If so when will it be available to the South African market.

Thanks

Nicholas

• July 19, 2016 at 4:19 am #95881
      CIC 2020Test
      Participant

Hi Nicholas

Yes, the beta version of 2020 Cloud is region specific. It is available in the US, Canada, UK and France. WeΒ will not be extending the 2020 Cloud regions until we move from our beta phase. Currently we are unable to provide a definitive date when the cloud will be available in South Africa, but we’ll be sure to keep all of our customers informed as soon as we have one.

Thanks

James

• September 21, 2016 at 5:47 am #102386
      Ric McGarry
      Participant

We are using this more and more though we find the fact it’s not possible to modify colours and finishes Β a little limiting.

• September 21, 2016 at 5:53 am #102387
      Richard
      Participant

Ric McGarry – Confused by your comment – Are you saying you are unable to modify colours and finishes of items added from 2020 cloud?.. I use Fusion, and this is perfectly possible to do simply press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘U’ together with the item selected.

• September 21, 2016 at 6:02 am #102388
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Ric,

Great to hear your using 2020 Cloud Deco Items more and more. We will be introducing configurable products during a subsequent phase of 2020 Cloud but, in the meantime, you can change materials on 2020 Cloud items in 2020 Fusion by doing theΒ following:

• Select a standard product from any existing (non-Cloud catalog).
      • Select the ‘Items’ tab in theΒ main ribbon toolbar.
      • Click on the ‘Selected Style’ drop down option, and hover the mouse overΒ ‘Change Material.’
      • Right mouse click on ‘Change Material’ and chooseΒ ‘Add to Quick Access Toolbar’.
      • The ‘Change Material’ option is now available for you to select in theΒ Quick Access Toolbar.

You can then change the material of anyΒ 2020 Cloud items using thisΒ new Quick Access Toolbar option.

Alternatively, you can select the item and then use Ctrl+U.

Thanks

James

• September 21, 2016 at 6:06 am #102389
      Richard
      Participant

Lol… That’s one way, James – However, My ‘Ctrl’ + ‘U’ is a far quicker way of doing this… ;-P

• September 21, 2016 at 6:09 am #102390
      Richard
      Participant

You can also Right click over the item, and select ‘Change Material’ and click onΒ the item to change.

• September 21, 2016 at 6:16 am #102391
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Sorry Richard, right click is not available on Cloud items.

• September 21, 2016 at 6:19 am #102392
      Richard
      Participant

Ah. Yes I see – I Just spouted off another way to access the change material pallette… Trouble is I’m too used to using keyboard shortcuts – and ‘Ctrl’ + ‘U’ Defo works on cloud items.

• September 22, 2016 at 2:32 am #102822
      Ric McGarry
      Participant

Thanks for that, always right click and change material, soΒ hadΒ assumed this function had been disabled.

Another item that might be handy would be a divan or simple bed without a headboard, ideally with stacked pillows and a throw, I know there are some Universal Bedrooms but these are quite frilly which don’t really have the right feel for a modern bedroom.

• January 18, 2017 at 6:44 am #117728
      Richard
      Participant

Can I make requests here for the ‘advanced graphics’ Doors catalogue items?
      I frequently use tongue & Groove type ledge and braced doors, and adding it effectively is a mis-mash of using *IOS in conjunction with a 3Dwarehouse item I’ve made myself, but it’s not great.
      Could you add 2 options for this type of door, to match both the door on the left, and the door on the right in this picture at all please?

• January 18, 2017 at 12:05 pm #117767
      Jeannine
      Participant

Good afternoon

Many thanks for your requirement.

We will be starting a project soon to update the Advanced Graphics catalogue with additional doors, including some tongue & groove ones. We will let you know via the 2020 Cloud newsfeed and via the forum once the update has been completed.

Regards

• January 31, 2017 at 6:57 am #118757
      Owen
      Participant

anyway of an acoustic guitar standing up so I could put it in a corner, or one on a guitar stand

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/05/19__18_04_31/picture%202.pnga8ce4bef-79db-4122-b2de-8d33540d0e05Original.jpg

something like this would beΒ fantastic. I do bedrooms on fusion and I always like to bring a bit of life into the visuals as best I can.

• February 2, 2017 at 5:51 am #118948
      Shaun O’Hare
      2020 Expert

Hi Owen,

Many thanks for your suggestion.

We aim to deliver regular updates to the 2020 Decorative catalog and will ensure that your request is included in our next release, which is due in 3 week’s time.

Please keep your suggestions coming!

Many thanks

Shaun

• March 3, 2017 at 7:07 am #121403
      Chris Vinall
      Participant

Disappointed that using Control & U is not successfully changing the materials- something I am doing wrong? Seems to work when colour selected from Adv Graphics catalogue, however just changes the item to black if I choose a colour that is either linked, or from a kitchen manufacturer catalogue for example.

• March 3, 2017 at 7:21 am #121404
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Chris

Could you provide some more details on yourΒ issue, as I’m not able to reproduce the problem. Please could youΒ provide an example of the item you are adding from the Deorative Items catalogs, which material on this item you are trying to change, and which catalog and materialΒ you are trying to change it to? It would also help if you could provide the version of Fusion you are using?

I appreciate your help in trying to identify the problem.

Many thanks

James

• March 3, 2017 at 8:14 am #121405
      Chris Vinall
      Participant

Hi James,

Yes I picked at random 2020 Decorative Items > Blinds – Venetian > Full length venetian blind and then tried to link it to the frame colour (also tried Plinth) for kitchen furniture in the Chippendale 161_8 catalogue. Also tried to pick the furniture colour directly from catalogue colours (Painted Limestone) however nothing seemed to change it.

• March 3, 2017 at 11:52 am #121409
      Ollie Farrant
      2020 Expert

Hi Chris

As per our telephone call, I am glad to hear that the issue seems resolved!

Please let me know if you have any further questions or require any assistance.

Many Thanks

Ollie

• March 13, 2017 at 12:58 pm #121683
      jaswant singh
      Participant

Hi,

The whole cloud thing looks great. However, when I drag or add any items to my drawing, it just shows up as a wire box. When I render it, it shows up as a see through box.

Please help.

Rob.

• March 14, 2017 at 12:42 pm #121752
      Benjamin Gilbert
      Participant

When I have a completed kitchen with cloud items in and I want to change the colour of the doors or something I highlight everything but if I highlight something from the cloud (Hob, oven, wall sockets etc) it wont let me change the colour (material) of the non cloud items. Any way to get round this without having to individually deselecting the cloud items?

Sorry if this is confusing.

• June 30, 2017 at 9:06 am #137350
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

Is it possible to have more items in the cloud with adjustable dimensions? or at least have some more good looking appliances in the decorative catalogue. For example: I have a client wishing to re-use a black fridge freezer form John Lewis, which I want to include in their visuals. The closest match i can find is a sub zero one which is the wrong size.

I understand that this may be because manufacturers want us to also be selling their product. So it may be better to just add more example appliances in the decorative catalogue (which are size adjustable πŸ™‚

• June 30, 2017 at 3:16 pm #137470
      Participant

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your feedback – it’s great to hear how customers are using our products.

We’re certainly adding more and more items to 2020 Cloud. Those in the Decorative Items catalog can be resized, recoloured and retextured, but offerings from manufacturers need to follow the actual dimensions of the product. I understand what you’re saying about the need for an appliance that fits a specific space, where perhaps that particular model isn’t available on the 2020 Cloud. That’s definitely a situation we’ll discuss, and I expect that need to diminish over the coming months as we add and include more & more appliance manufacturer’s catalogs. I realise that doesn’t help you today, but if you weren’t already aware, this handy tip might help you find the closest match –
      https://www.2020spaces.com/2020-cloud-tips-tricks-filtering-criteria/

Thanks again for your input!

2020 Admin

• July 19, 2017 at 11:33 am #139557
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

Hi, Not sure if this is the correct forum.

But can a setting be included to have the cloud list not update until I press enter in the filter box or something?

At the moment I am having to wait for it to load everytime I select a new section. EG: Deselect 2020 (Load list) Select BSH (Load List) Deselect everything except Bosch (Loads again) Select induction hobs (Loads)

I would rather only have to wait for it to load in once. πŸ™‚

• July 19, 2017 at 11:38 am #139559
      Participant

Hi Grant,

Thanks for your feedback. We’re continually developing 2020 Cloud and reviewing existing features. We’ll certainly look into this.

Thanks!

2020 Admin

• July 26, 2017 at 4:38 am #140372
      Nick
      Participant

Hi
      Did you ever get an answer to your question regarding line images on the cloud

• July 26, 2017 at 4:44 am #140373
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Hi Nick

Could you confirm what you mean by ‘line images’?

Thanks

James

• July 26, 2017 at 4:48 am #140374
      Nick
      Participant

Hi James I was responding to JASWANT SINGH
      PARTICIPANT comments earlier where the images dragged in from i cloud show up as a wire box

Regards

Nick

• July 26, 2017 at 4:53 am #140375
      Jim Smalley
      2020 Moderator

Hi Nick – would this mean that you are experiencing the same problem as the other participant? If so, can you confirm the version of 2020 Fusion that you are using?

• July 26, 2017 at 4:58 am #140376
      Nick
      Participant

Yep will do Thanks

Nick

• July 26, 2017 at 5:08 am #140377
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

Just a quick one, I had that issue a couple of times and a full client restart fixed it. (ie: saving, closing and then using task manager to ensure all fusion processes have shut down.)

Once fusion had completely finished I restarted the client, which prompted a database backup and catalogue update.

I think the cause is something to do with the cloud not streaming the complete data for the object, restarting must allow it to re start the process.

You might of already tried this, but thought I would post in case it gives you a quick fix!

• July 26, 2017 at 5:16 am #140378
      Nick
      Participant

Thanks Grant, I will try that. It does not happen all the time which is strange, but when it does I have just left the items out ! I will try client re boot as that sounds sensible. I appreciate you taking the time

Cheers

Nick

• October 17, 2017 at 5:26 am #153915
      Richie
      Pilot Pro

Is it possible to add the blum inner drawers to the catalog?Β  To represent the space tower?

Attachments:
    • October 17, 2017 at 5:34 am #153924
      Richard
      Participant

Good shout, Richie.
      If it helps for now, I have created these in Sketchup, which you can import via Fusions ‘Sketchup Import’ functionality.
      My models are of the Blum LegraBox drawers.
      You can go straight to my 3D Warehouse profile by clicking here:
      https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user/ucbb86811-60f6-41d4-a68b-0116fb0ad4ee/RJDesign?nav=models

@2020 Fusion ops – Feel free to use my models if you want to add them to the Cloud catalogue?

Hope this helps?

• October 17, 2017 at 5:57 am #153925
      James Wilson
      2020 Moderator

Many thanks Richard, we’ll take a look

• November 2, 2017 at 11:02 am #157908
      Jamie Smith
      Participant

We need some additional carpets/rugs, some that look 3D instead of images stuck on a flat box.

How about a standing mirror with Frame, but the frame is wooden not white.

• November 2, 2017 at 2:12 pm #158020
      Participant

Hi Jamie,

Great suggestions – We’ll check these out and see what we can do. If you have any links to images of the style of mirror or rug you were thinking of, please feel free to post them.

Best,

2020 Admin

• November 3, 2017 at 5:37 am #158377
    • November 3, 2017 at 5:53 am #158378
      Richard
      Participant

@Jamie Smith:

I feel that adding rugs with all the individual tufts would mean adding rather a lot of additional polygons to your design and could cause problems with rendering times. I think you’ll find that rugs which are not completely flat boxes would be possible, but maybe not fluffy rugs or that sort of thing – I could be wrong.

It would be impossible for 2020 to have so many items with different textures and colours to suit everyone’s needs, so generally, the best way to do what you are after for the Sofas and TV’s is to download material textures and TV images from Google, then simply change the items colour to exactly what you want. In my image below, I’ve used a standard TV from the Advanced graphics catalogue, and simply changed the screen ‘Colour’ to a classic scene from reservoir dogs πŸ™‚
      Also note the Sofa in this design, which is also from the standard Advanced graphics with a simple colour change, the rug also.

Hope this helps, but I’m sure 2020 will also oblige where they can.

• November 3, 2017 at 6:02 am #158387
      Jamie Smith
      Participant

Hi Richard..

What about carpets? Would it be possible to add carpet which have a bump map applied to them?

Though the bed and mirror would be grand though.

• November 3, 2017 at 6:34 am #158388

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.