Glass issue when rendering

• July 12, 2022 at 11:55 am #373039
      Phil Goldberg
      Participant

i decided to get a new computer and chose a dell i7 with an AMD 6700xt video card. i just set everything up and i’m having an issue i cant resolve. when i do any perspective renders all the glass shows as black. i tried the latest 2020 version. tried older drivers. i’m frustrated that i can figure out the problem

suggestions? thanks in advance

• July 12, 2022 at 12:17 pm #373051
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Phil,

I believe that the issue itself is the AMD video card. There is an issue currently with clients who have AMD graphics, the newer AMD drivers are not compatible with Design and can cause issues in the rendering such as slowness, renders that lag, and crashing. When purchasing a new computer, we recommend to go with an Nvidia graphics card rather than AMD because of this issue. Click HERE to check out our system recommendations.

Regards,

Kris

• July 12, 2022 at 12:36 pm #373052
        Phil Goldberg
        Participant

thanks Kris…have you tried buying a drafting computer recently?

Covid / supply chain issues have wreaked havoc on the availability of computer equipment and getting quality video cards has been a challenge. NVIDIA cards are a commodity. I’ve noticed some inventory coming back but prices are still ridiculous and availability is hit and miss.

i decided to jump on this deal which has the flagship AMD card included because it was available and to try it out.

i know 2020 spec’s NVIDIA…AMD is a major player in the video card market.  they aren’t going away and apparently dell is using them. I’m certain i wont be the only 2020 user that bought one.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.