Welcome to the 2020 Community!

• November 6, 2014 at 4:31 pm #19445
      Participant

This community provides discussion areas for topics related to 2020 solutions for the interior design and furniture industries.
      These forums are a place for you to get answers, inspire ideas, share your expertise and connect with other experts who share similar interests.

While the forum topics may span subjects ranging from initial setup to technical discussions please note that dedicated technical assistance from 2020 experts is available to customers with support contracts through our network of local offices. To find your local office visit this page, or contact us.

Anyone can contribute to the community, but we do ask that you register first & log in to your account before posting or commenting. It only takes a minute and its free!

To help you get started we suggest reading our Community Guidelines to make your visit a good one!

• March 26, 2016 at 5:53 pm #81110
      angeliki16
      Participant

Thank you !

• December 8, 2016 at 6:41 pm #114006
      Laurabelle Ritter
      Participant

I keep getting this error when I try to open a file.

GROUP_CFG_MGR

• October 23, 2017 at 9:41 am #154521
      Carolyn Saxton
      Participant

Hello hello to everyone!

• October 24, 2017 at 3:16 pm #154978
      Participant

Hi Carolyn! Welcome to the 2020 Community!

• November 2, 2018 at 3:10 pm #214059
      Jarlei Araújo
      Participant

Como posso alterar o idioma do software?

• December 19, 2018 at 4:33 am #221213
      Rodney Lockard
      Participant

That’s great! Thanks

• May 27, 2019 at 1:07 am #239462
      Nancy Anderson
      Participant

Hi, I am Nancy and I live in the Dallas. thank you very much! It’s really appreciated! Very Nice. I would like to learn more about it.

• September 13, 2019 at 3:27 am #248881
      Nancy Anderson
      Participant

Hi, I’m Nancy from the USA, I’m still in edatamine as Business Development Manager. glad to be part of this amazing community and I look forward to collaborating with you!

• January 3, 2020 at 11:52 am #264460
      yong bernard
      Participant

HI,

Im kitchen 2020 user in Malaysia, I been using this software 10years ago. I need to download this software due to changing my company but i lost my catalog CD. How can I download?

I try to call the dealer that I brought this software in Malaysia but really dont have the contact anymore.

Can someone help me on this?

• February 27, 2020 at 11:17 am #270552
      Emily Fujii
      Participant

Hello,

Somehow my undo and redo buttons got disabled and I don’t know how to get them to work again. They are greyed out both in the Quick Access Toolbar and the Home tab. It’s not the end of the world but it is a reoccurring annoyance when I do need the undo button and can’t use it.

Please help.

Thank you!

– Emily

• March 23, 2020 at 11:03 am #274961
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Emily,

Currently there is a bug in the software that, when working offline, the undo and redo buttons are disabled. We are aware that this is an issue currently and believe this will be a fixed in newer releases of the program. For now the only fix would be to work online.

Kris

• March 20, 2021 at 6:31 am #320479
      Robert Scott
      Participant

Hello,

Is the cost of 2020 Design eligible for the Section 179 tax deduction?

Has anyone successfully deducted it?

Thank you,

Bob

• April 26, 2021 at 7:02 pm #326082
      James Fernandez
      Participant

tyy

• May 1, 2021 at 5:53 pm #327479
      Megan Bailey
      Participant

How to create multiple drawing layouts in one design?

• May 3, 2021 at 11:13 am #327531
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Megan,

When you are in your Drawing Layout, simply right click on the background and you will have the option to “create new tab”. Once you left click this option, it will have you select a new template to use. Once you have the new template open, you will be able to switch between ‘Drawing 1’ and ‘Drawing 2’ at the bottom left hand side of the program. See the attached images.

You can also check out our Knowledge Center for any articles relating to this subject!

Regards,

Kris

• March 5, 2022 at 6:31 pm #360514
      Laura Arkell
      Participant

Hi All, I started my free 30-day trial for 2020 today and keep receiving this error message that prevents me from logging back in? I just started my free trial today and everything was working fine (I was in the midst of a design) until I exited my design and tried to go back in. The error message seems to indicate as if I have already used my 30 day trial on this computer, but I haven’t?? I only just started it today! Just wondering if anyone has a solution. PS – I have already sent in an email re: this to support@2020spaces.com. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide! Please forgive me if this question is not submitted in the correct forum. Many thanks! – LauraImage preview

• March 7, 2022 at 1:02 pm #360601
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Laura,

The correct email to send requests to would be residentialsupport@2020spaces.com. We have went ahead and sorted out the issue you were facing so you should now be able to sign into your trial once again! I’m also going to send you an email directly just in case it reaches you quicker 🙂

Regards,

Kris

• August 23, 2022 at 12:16 pm #374208
      steve hassler
      Participant

Hello All! I’m fairly new to 2020 Design. The company I’m working for may need a new computer to run it efficiently. Is anyone aware of required specs for a desktop or laptop computer to run fairly large files in 2020 Design? Thanks for any help!

• August 23, 2022 at 12:25 pm #374209
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Steve,

Click HERE to be taken to our system recommendations.

Regards,

Kris

• October 14, 2022 at 1:20 pm #376409
        Anonymous
        Inactive

Hi there. Will you please tell me how i can post a question here on forum ?

• October 5, 2022 at 9:26 am #376070
      Aina Cromwell
      Participant

Does anyone know where to find a corner shower? Preferably one I can edit the size on. had them as a generic in v11. spent a long time hunting yesterday. no luck.

Also, could not find a plain glass panel for a shower – only ones with doors.

Thanks!

Aina

• November 1, 2022 at 11:11 am #377998
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Aina,

You can still find the corner showers within our generic catalog ROOM_PLU.

From the Local Browser, select ROOM_PLU. Double click on ‘Shower’ and then double click on ‘Corner Shower’. From there, you’ll be able to select whichever model you’d like to use and modify its dimensions.

Regards,

Kris

• November 14, 2022 at 5:14 am #379096
      steve hassler
      Participant

Anyone know if we can export walls/windows/doors to SketchUp?

Also, can we create a room in SketchUp and import it into 2020?  Is there a size limit?

Thank you.

• November 14, 2022 at 1:25 pm #379149
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, there is no export function from Design to Sketchup.

You do have the ability to create rooms and import them to Design but keep in mind that SketchUp is not meant to design an entire home. Sketchup items are primarily used to be imported to your drawing to enhance your design. As SketchUp items or shapes are not ours, there is no guarantee as to how they would react in Design.

Regards,

Kris

• November 15, 2022 at 4:11 am #379180
          steve hassler
          Participant

Thank you Kris!  I’m faster in SketchUp in some things and faster in Design in other.

• November 17, 2022 at 5:16 am #379304
      steve hassler
      Participant

When you use a personal JPG as a texture in Design, how can you get the JPG image to start in the bottom left corner on the face of the object? It usually starts half way up the face of the object and creates an awkard texture. Thank you!

• November 17, 2022 at 12:03 pm #379320
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Steve,

Most objects in the program have a randomized start and stop point when applying user textures to them. Below are two examples of some items you can use to have a texture applied correctly.

For wall objects, you can go to the cloud and search for ‘painting’. All paintings should allow you to apply a texture and have it set perfectly.

For floor objects, you can go to the cloud and search for ‘rug’. Any rug should allow you to apply a texture and have it set perfectly as well.

Hope this helps!

Kris

• December 10, 2022 at 11:20 am #417564
      steve hassler
      Participant

First, when is the new 2020 Design coming out?
      Second, I have a few quick questions regarding Textures:

1. Where can you use the Vcode to specify a texture?

2. How do you use “Textures in Current Design”?

3.  How do you use “User Texture Library?”
      4.  How do you use My floor textures, My images, My other textures, and My wall textures?  Are these folders somewhere that I can save images to?

Is there a source I can reference first before asking questions here?
      Thank you for any help!  Have a great weekend!

Steve

• January 28, 2023 at 2:13 am #419576

hello, new user here 🙂

• April 24, 2023 at 6:51 pm #422192
      Connor Curry
      Participant

hello

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.