2020 Design problems.. again

• April 19, 2018 at 4:57 pm #182588

So we built a new pc to use with 2020 design and it will not HD render. It gives a prompt “Upon exiting the application, you will be prompted to save your files”, With the choices of “Purchase Now” (greyed out), “Exit Application”, or “Ok”. Exit or Ok just brings the same prompt back up in an endless loop. Application LeRendu under task manager can be forced closed and the rest of 2020 returns to normal. We already call in often because of crashes but this pc is running a trial version for now.

• Windows 10 fresh install
      • Nvidia drivers updated, reinstalled (no help)
      • Processor: Intel i5-8400
      • 8GB 2400mhz memory
      • GTX 1050
      • WD Black PCIe NVMe drive, 256gb
    • April 19, 2018 at 5:12 pm #182589
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Matthew,

The issue with the permissions popup when rendering in version 11.9 is new but known.  It only happens with soft licenses or the trial.  If you click on “Exit Application” the render should go through normally.  We are currently working to resolve the issue.

Thank you

Neil

• April 29, 2018 at 3:59 am #184071

Hi Neil,

I understand programming glitches such as this as I am a programmer myself. With 2020’s programs only real flaw being the crashes, its actually a very impressive program. Programs like yours do not come easy so I really do understand the selective crashing among new platforms.

The “Exit Application” (as well as any other option) will simply close the prompt then immediately open the exact same prompt in an endless loop.

Right now, the computer I built as a great 2020 design computer based on cost/performance still remains untested and it is holding up my client. If we knew that this hardware was going to be the great match like I strongly believe, I can start building pcs for their staff. I am hindered because I can properly demonstrate the rendering thing (btw seen it on a different pc with a subscription and I am impressed!).

• April 30, 2018 at 4:19 pm #184326
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Matthew,

I never enjoy recommending going backwards but I don’t believe the issue occurs in version 11.8.2.  If you are pressed by a deadline you could remove 11.9 and install 11.8.2.  The rendering engine is the same in both builds so you should be able to get the renderings you want to show your clients in 11.8 and then you can update to the build that they resolve the issue in once they resolve it. 🙂

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags