2020 Design V11 Beta Program

• February 27, 2015 at 9:09 am #23964
      Participant

Reminder..

When downloading the version
      Please remember to always save the file to your computer first.
      You never ran a file directly from the web.

• February 28, 2015 at 9:38 am #24032
      Roger Gaelens
      Pilot Pro

How does one become a beta tester?

• March 1, 2015 at 11:38 pm #24037

I have had two issues. If you are doing a rending of a perspective and you hit the cancel button it will crash and you will have to restart.

Also designing using the current Dura Supreme Catalogs that work well on 10.6 if you do a height modification on Wall Cabinets it will let you modify and select the correct height but it does not change the graphic to the correct height on the elevation.

• March 2, 2015 at 9:40 am #24038
      Justin Shaw
      Pilot Pro

I have found an issue, when selecting a texture from the “Common” Catalog (changing color of a wall for instance), it is very limited in available textures. Has anyone else noticed this?

• March 2, 2015 at 10:36 am #24043
      Participant

Hi Eric,

thank you for sharing.
      could you please let me know which Dura Supreme catalog is the one that is not working.
      I will have someone from support to test it..

thank you

• March 2, 2015 at 10:39 am #24044
      Participant

Hi Justin,

My suggestion is to reinstall over v11 and the common will be update
      let me know if this helps..

Thank you

• March 2, 2015 at 10:39 am #24045

I was using the Alectra AL15_2_A_1 and AL15_2_B-1

Thanks

Eric

• March 2, 2015 at 11:11 am #24046
      Steven Brems
      Pilot Pro

I am still having a problem installing the V11 Beta Program on my secondary computer even with the help of 2020 support. I have a Dell XPS 8500 with Windows 7 Home Edition. Any suggestions as to how I can get the program installed? Do I need to get a different operating system?

• March 2, 2015 at 11:26 am #24048
      Participant

my suggestions:
      1 – Disable any antivirus
      2 – Turn off the UAC (User account control)
      3 – Ran the setup.exe as Admin (right click and run as Administrator)

please let me know if that helps..

• March 2, 2015 at 11:47 am #24051

I will say that my experience was that this was the best 2020 Install I have had in probably a decade. Mine went super smooth. So far…I am really enjoying the new 11.0

• March 2, 2015 at 11:48 am #24052
      Steven Brems
      Pilot Pro

I did as you suggested and I keep getting the following error message:
      Contact your support personnel.

• March 2, 2015 at 12:05 pm #24053
      Participant

Hi Steven,
      I will get someone from support to assist you..

• March 2, 2015 at 2:10 pm #24056
      Justin Shaw
      Pilot Pro

The issue was that i installed v11 over v10, uninstalling V10 first prior to installing V11, would have solved my issue. So Far so good

• March 2, 2015 at 2:45 pm #24064
      ali
      Participant

Please where Link v11 beta

• March 3, 2015 at 2:16 am #24082
      Aliaksey
      Participant

Hi Roberto! I would like to be a tester 2020 design version 11. Before that I worked in versions 10.6 10.5 10.4 10.3.
      how can I get access to the program.

• March 4, 2015 at 2:46 am #24093
      Aliaksey
      Participant

Hi Roberto ,
      I filled out the registration form and I can start testing the program. What are our next steps.

• March 4, 2015 at 5:42 am #24094
      Tom Clarke, CKD
      Participant

Initiation of install took a long time.  Clicked on the download and it appeared as though nothing was happening.  I could see that something was going on because of the blue circle that appears when a program is opening.  One it did open, about half way through the install it appeared to hang up and created an error message that program was not responding.  I waited it out and after about 20 minutes it continued to install without any problem.  The program has crashed a couple of times while using it, but that’s nothing new for 2020.  The sketch rendering tool needs some tweaking.  The rendering appears as only horizontal lines with no definition.  Really can’t tell what its a rendering of!

• March 4, 2015 at 9:49 am #24095
      Participant

There are two modes that you can user
      Sketch and Sketch with Edges in real time before clicking on the Camera icon..

Please share any rendering that you have created..

• March 4, 2015 at 6:51 pm #24118

I have been running V11 on Windows 10 via VMware however, as expected the rendering is slow. If I install V11 onto my actual PC, are there any issues if I need to go back to 10.5?

Does V11 update my .KIT files so they can no longer be opened on V10.5?

• March 4, 2015 at 7:25 pm #24120

Do we have or can we have a ‘wishlist’ topic please. I know of many designers that would like to provide suggestions for features to include in future revisions.

One example is that of a competitors software – when you rotate a 3D render in this software, any wall you have to ‘see through’ automatically becomes transparent. This would be a very handy feature to have as long as it was a simple tick box on and off in the render view. I appreciate you can get the same effect by turning a wall into a construction line then turning it back afterwards but this takes time.

I’d post examples but the image upload option for the forum doesn’t seem to work.

• March 5, 2015 at 8:32 am #24123
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Please keep in mind that if you install V11 over V10 everything will be updated and converted to V11
      Therefore you will not be able to go back to V10

• March 10, 2015 at 5:21 pm #24176
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

Roberto,

If you let me know how to upload to the forum I will add 2020 renderings I have created on V11. Is there a trick to getting the wizard to give better rendering. We sell tile and I have done a good job at taking pictures and using the wizard when I am doing any tile no larger then 24″. When I try with counter top it seam not to work as good.

• March 10, 2015 at 8:23 pm #24177

Have you tried making a horizontal panel of the size you want and applying the texture to that? You can then lay out multiple panels on the floor (or wall if using vertical panels)

• March 12, 2015 at 11:22 pm #24398

Example render from V11 – quite pleased with the result and this is with the ‘old’ lighting – the new lighting options would allow me to get even more realistic.

I also haven’t used the new door and window wizards in this design as they would also have improved things.

http://panorama.2020.net/view/ssefl55oauyatltxpf4xxa/

• March 16, 2015 at 9:54 am #24500

Roberto,

I am noticing little catalog bugs in some Manufacturer Catalogs. For instance in the KraftMaid One Catalog (KMO14R1_2) the knob and handle selections now do not show elevations or perspectives on this version on the cabinets where they did before on version 10.6 for me. They do show on the items list.

• March 17, 2015 at 8:46 am #24519
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

I installed the Sensio Lighting Cat, the install went well an I was able to incorporated lighting in a design; but then it was gone from 2020. I re-installed it again and it showed on my items list but when I moved from Items list to another and went back to items list it was gone. Tried to re-installed but now it does not show at all. Any ideas on how to correct this.

• March 17, 2015 at 12:15 pm #24741
        Frank Morena
        Participant

Hi Eric,
        I did some tests with the Kraftmaid One catalog and I’ve noticed that no pulls are displayed in elevation or renderings if you select the “No Option” Construction Option is selected in Styles & Pricing.
        If you select any other Construction Option, you will see the pulls on the cabinets after selecting them in Styles & Pricing.

• March 17, 2015 at 10:06 am #24577
      Edith
      Participant

Hi,

To correct the problem simply reset the registry via Maintenance Tool then proceed to install again the Catalog.

• March 17, 2015 at 11:29 am #24739
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

Edith,

I’m having a hard time finding the Maintenance Tool, can you direct me.

• March 18, 2015 at 5:50 pm #24956
      IH
      Participant

I have a problem creating 360 Panoramic View. Every time it shows error message “You must be a registered user on 2020.net to use this feature”. I am registered as a user with correct key # and correct zip code. What am I doing wrong?

• March 18, 2015 at 9:44 pm #24958

Start, All Programs, Design, Tools, Maintenance Tools

If using Windows 8 Metro do yourself a favour and install ClassicShell to get the Start button back.

• March 18, 2015 at 9:26 pm #24957
      Denise Dick CMKBD
      Participant

1. 360 Panoramic View gives an 404 error message when it is attempted to be opened. It looks fine in the email received but get the error when opened.
      The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

A design has been created for you! Use 20-20 Room Viewer to view your designs anytime you want. Please contact your dealer for more information on this design

2. I do not see the user catalog and do not recall the option to load it when I did the first install.

3. Where can I find the Designer Catalogs to download, I do not see them on 2020.net?

• March 18, 2015 at 9:52 pm #24959

No idea re the room viewer.

User catalogs seem to have been discontinued. I tried archiving my V9 user catalogue and installing it into V11. This works OK but when I select the User catalogue and then try and use one of the items, V11 crashes.

AFAIK User Catalogues have been replaced by the Ideas Centre

• March 19, 2015 at 4:43 pm #25237
      Michael Farago
      Pilot Pro

Hello,

I am a heavy 2020 user and would be interested in becoming a Beta Tester.

Thank you

• March 19, 2015 at 9:30 pm #25241
      Bill Hunt
      Participant

Interested in beta test V11.  How can I join?

• March 20, 2015 at 4:55 pm #25389
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

A glitch I haven’t seen since V6.1; had two design open which I tend not to do but a client called asking question. I took a picture of the area where the window would face looking at the beach and placed it in the window using the wizard. I had tile on the floor that I used the same process with the wizard on the other design. V11 changed the pictures and flipped then on the different designs, the window had tile and the tile floor had a picture of the beach. V6.1 did not have a wizard like V11 but if you had too many design open you could lose designs or one copied over another.

• March 22, 2015 at 10:25 pm #25391

Will the Panoramic JPG work with ‘Photosphere’ viewers like Google Cardboard? I know you are looking at supporting devices like the Oculus Rift.

I have some Google Cardboards on order and will report back. Even if you don’t currently directly suppoprt it, there is an instructable that might make it work.

• March 23, 2015 at 10:53 am #25394
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Roberto,

I was able to recreate the issue with the custom textures switching between designs so I documented it and forwarded it to the developers.  I’m sure it will be added to the list 🙂

• March 25, 2015 at 10:36 am #25471
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

Who do I send suggestion to improve V11 to. One improvement to Wizard would be that the selected size have actual dimension, i.e. 12×24.
      At the end of Wizard it ask what is the size of actual picture and it ask for a number higher then 1. If I’m using a porcelain tile that is 24″x 12″ for a wall application and it ask what is the size of the tile and all thing considered are entered correct their will be a repeat pattern that will NOT be with in the grout line.

• March 25, 2015 at 10:39 am #25472
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

• March 25, 2015 at 11:27 am #25490
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

Here is the email to send feed back to: Beta_Designers@2020spaces.com

• March 25, 2015 at 3:55 pm #25541
      Roberto
      Pilot Pro

Will the v11 webinar  that was done today 3/25 be able to view it again. Had to walk away to attend a client and missed about 10 min.

• March 26, 2015 at 5:02 pm #25632

Roberto,

The window wizard is not working on my Beta test. When I go to pick the window frame style is says that the page cant be displayed.

• March 27, 2015 at 3:20 pm #25669
      Peg
      Pilot Pro

I am working on the Design Information window.  I have reported this same issue regarding Version 10 just a few minutes ago.  So if you could please check with them on this.  But in addition to those emails, in V11 when you fill in First Name and Last Name under the Customer tab, on the report it comes out with Last Name first and then First Name.

• March 30, 2015 at 8:59 am #25691
      Participant

Thank you for agreeing to participate in the 2020 Design V11 beta program.
      As we have now entered the last major phase of our product cycle, we would like to thank everyone for their dedication to making 2020 Design a better product.
      Please feel free to continue providing us with excellent feedback through our various feedback mechanisms 2020 Community , 2020 Support (support@2020.net) and we will use your feedback to improve the final product.
      Thank you for your business.

• April 1, 2015 at 11:32 am #25938
      Participant

Hi Eric,

I will email you a link to download and install the must updated catalog for the Windows wizard

thanks
      Roberto

• August 5, 2015 at 11:09 am #40304
      Larry
      Participant

After seeing the above post I don’t think it’s necessary to point out but just in case, your forums aren’t very secure allowing bots to register, just saying. 🙂

So hasn’t any of the Beta testers found a few bugs in Version 11.2 yet? I’ve found and reported a couple bugs, and I’m not even a beta tester and use 2020 for only a few minutes a week to prepare and test catalogs before deploying them to our stores. I was told the next version will address the issues but in the meantime just a heads up to one of the bigger bugs, if your opening prior designs and saving them it sometimes doesn’t overwrite the original file and creates new .kit and .bak files.

Cheers

• August 5, 2015 at 1:14 pm #40310
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Larry,

Although the Beta test was already completed and the bugs reported, it may be that some corrections will be applied on futures builds or service packs.

To be certain that all that you previously reported was already declared please feel to send them at this email address so I can revise them: support@2020spaces.com

Thanks

• August 7, 2015 at 10:13 am #40650
      Larry
      Participant

Thank you Edith!  I mentioned a couple bugs during my last case I opened with a technician but we only looked into the one so I’ll be sure to send an email.

• September 16, 2015 at 9:35 am #50387
      Participant

Thank You V11 Beta Testers
      Thank you to all beta testers for participating in the 2020 Design V11 beta program.
      Version 11 was released to the market on April 15, 2015. As we have now entered another major phase of our product cycle, we would like to thank everyone for their dedication to making 2020 Design a better product!
      A special shout out to the following users that have been of great help:

Steve Brems
      Tom Clarke
      Eric Goranson
      Iryna Haliy
      Mike Langensiepen
      Roberto Labaut
      Denise Dick
      Carolina Venegas
      Alan Newton
      Dejan Cartl
      Tammy Overstreet
      Paula Kennedy
      Wong Chooi Chooi
      Justin Shaw
      Please feel free to continue providing us with excellent feedback through our 2020 Community , 2020 Support (support@2020.net) and we will use your feedback to improve the final product.
      Thank you for your business.

The topic ‘2020 Design V11 Beta Program’ is closed to new replies.