30 day trial says license is expired upon 1st install

• April 3, 2018 at 1:04 pm #180109
      Emma Wheeler
      Participant

So I requested a 30-day trial on Mar 31 and downloaded/installed it yesterday. However when I open 2020 design and sign in I get a message saying “Your trial license has expired.” with the option to “Purchase Now” or “Exit Application”. I did try calling support, but was hung up on before I could get through explaining my problem (I will admit I’m a little frustrated here). I just want to try the program as I have a potential job opportunity with a company that uses the software. If anyone has any ideas I’d appreciate it.

PS I’ve never installed any 2020 products previously.

• April 3, 2018 at 1:44 pm #180154
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Emma,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having issues with the trial.  If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, would you mind sending us your contact info to residentialsupport@2020spaces.com?  You can send it to my attention and I’ll be happy to look into the issue with you.

Thank you

Neil

• April 3, 2018 at 10:34 pm #180361
      The Laminex Group
      2020 Partner

This appears to be more frequent for us in the past week, i have 2 customers. One of which i was with last week who have 24 days remaining (i saw this) only to expire for them over the weekend.

I did ask if they had attached a key, etc. I did also attempt reinstalling with no resolve.

Hope it’s not ongoing.

With the second customer they are looking at working around it by installing on a second computer.

Kind regards

Percy

2020 Support New Zealand

• April 4, 2018 at 10:38 am #180391
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Percy,

We have noticed an increase in early time outs of the trial here in support and are looking onto the possible causes.  Like I said above, have your clients reach out to us via email ( I know its tough by phone for you guys because of the time zone differences) and we’ll do our best to look into their cases.

Thank you

Neil

• April 4, 2018 at 11:36 pm #180420
      The Laminex Group
      2020 Partner

Hi Neil,

We have just had another customer whose trial expired today, we had just installed it today also. So it’s now happened on 3 occasions in the last week. These customers often deal with us we would then escalate to leve2tech email. Just thought to post here as saw someone else with a similar/same issue.

Version we are installing is 11.8.2.13 from

http://cdn.2020spaces.com/support/Design/V11/Versions/11.8.2.13-Both.exe

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Percy

• April 5, 2018 at 11:12 am #180435
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Thanks Percy,

The issue seems to be limited to files that were downloaded at the end of March.  Going forward the issue should decrease in frequency until it disappears.  Please have anyone affected by the issue contact residentialsupport@2020spaces.com and we will be able to get them up and running.

Neil

• April 5, 2018 at 10:18 pm #180804
      The Laminex Group
      2020 Partner

Thanks Neil,

Noted today 11.8.2.13 no longer available at 2020.net. I have since on the epxired computer used the V11 cleanup utility and re-installed 11.9. The trial has now 29 day to go.

Hoping this solves the case for remaining 2 customers.

Kind regards

Percy

• April 7, 2018 at 2:39 am #181017
      Iqbal Tarique
      Participant

Please share the link for version 11.9 for trial

• April 9, 2018 at 9:48 am #181028
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Iqbal,

There is a link for the software and a brief synopsis of the new features in the stickied post:

New-Version-11-9-is-now-available-for-download

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.