360 panoramics

• January 26, 2017 at 5:42 pm #118626
      Braden Walker
      Participant

Hi guys,

I have been having issues with rendering 360 panos. I have tried many many times and have only been able to successfully render once at low quality. My computer is more than capable of handling this software (could run it 3 times at once) but it just keeps crashing while trying the 360… Has anyone had this issue? Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks

• January 27, 2017 at 4:36 pm #118666
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Braden,

the panos crashing is usually something related to your video card.  It might be something as simple as updating the drivers for your card or tweaking the settings in your control panel for the card so that it always runs in a high performance mode rather than defaulting to the intel chipset.

I would give the techs a call at 1-866-697-2020 and have them take a look at your machine to see what they can see.

Neil

• February 7, 2017 at 2:31 pm #119314
      Anna K
      Participant

I have the same issue…and I heard from support today it’s my fault because I shouldn’t put any decorative items from I cloud or SketchUp…which sounds really ridiculous. I also heard this program is for designing kitchen and bathrooms so I suppose to design only one room just with simple things ….

• February 7, 2017 at 5:20 pm #119444
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Anna,

2020 is not an architectural software, meaning it is not designed to layout and then render an entire house for example.  A kitchen with an attached dining room should be fine.

We do not recommend using items from sketchup in your designs, especially if you are doing 360 panos because we do not create the sketchup files and if they are poorly done they can be very memory intensive.  a 360 pano is actually 6 full renderings that are then glued together by the software.  This is a memory intensive operation all on its own, if you add multiple items from sketchup you are more likely to exceed the memory allotment Windows assigned to 2020 and this will cause the software to fail.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.