A persistent gnaw

• September 23, 2020 at 11:28 pm #298621
      Jonothan Desimini
      Participant

So I’m not sure if we’ve all become so used to it or maybe some having figured out how to recreate it but…. When adding attachments (for me seems to be almost any of my cabinet lines – listed below) and already have one on the cabinet from earlier in your process, when you go to add a second or third or fourth add-on / attachment you press apply ok and it doesn’t seem to “take” the changes. I know multiple people where I work have experienced this. I’ve had it happen to me since version 10.

So this happens when you:

Lets pretend you are going to make three changes to the cabinet: A) Add finished right, B) increase depth and C) Finish Cabinet bottom. IF while adding any of these modifications to your cabinet you accidnetally click on the wrong mod and go back to uncheck it, when you go and press apply and then ok you will see the cabinet on your floorplan didn’t hold any of the add ons you made.

For me this gets further complicated and annoying because I’m constantly using my mouse scroll wheel. For example lets assume I already took care of A, and now increasing this wall cabinet depth to 15. For many lines / catalogs a prompt window comes up asking for the dimension you wish to change it to or the amount to add to such dimension. When you return to the list of add ons and for me I scroll down with the wheel of my mouse to get to the finished bottom lets say – when I go to click the finished bottom attachment the list quickly scrolls back up to the top and if I clicked in the right spot Ill normally click an attachment I didn’t want that’s up at the top of the list rather than the one I wanted that was lower in the list (ie Finished bottom). Thus causing me to constantly click an add on I don’t want, thus having to remove it and thus making any addons I do at that moment null by the time I get back to the design.

There’s got to be a way to fix the add-on expulsion that happens in this condition. Just seems so silly and it’s been doing this for so long – Im not sure I can take another month or months or years of it. PLS help!

• September 24, 2020 at 12:21 pm #298740
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Jonothan,

I’m not sure if I fully understood this but I will do my best to answer this.

I have tested this issue using the Sample_E catalog. I applied a b30 to the floor plan and went into the add-ons. I have selected a few modifications, unchecked one and applied a different option. Once I applied and okayed, the item has all the correct modifications I selected. I was not able to reproduce this issue using the sample catalog, so this makes me think it could be a catalog issue with the line you use. I would suggest to call our support line to have an agent take a look to determine if this is a catalog issue. You can reach us by calling 1.866.697.2020

If you do not have 3D shapes active on your floor plan, you will not see most changes occur. To activate this, go to File > Preferences > Work Area > Display 3D shapes in floor plan. This should allow you to see things such as doors being applied to the sides of the unit

Now, about the second issue.. when unchecking an add-on, the list will contract. You are correct about this, I have tested on my end and have been able to reproduce this issue. I have reported this and have yet to determine whether this is working as designed or if this truly is a bug. I will notify you here once I am sure which it is.

Thank you,

Kris

• September 24, 2020 at 4:24 pm #298764
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Jonothan,

So I had gotten word back that this is not an actually issue in the program. The Add-ons page is working as designed. However I have found that there are registries files that can be applied to the program that will make sure that the add-ons page stays open at all times. I have tested the files and they work perfectly!

I have Zipped the reg files together. Please download them and unzip them, then apply them to the program.

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Kris

Attachments:
    • September 29, 2020 at 11:22 pm #299306

Hi Kris,

Can I get a copy of those registry entries please.

Thanks

Mike

• September 30, 2020 at 12:33 pm #299349
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Gang,

I have realized that the Zip folder I have attached here is not viewable. I have gone ahead and sent this via email to Mike and Jonothan.

If anybody else would like a copy, let me know and I will email it to you as well!

Regards,

• September 30, 2020 at 6:47 pm #299543

Hi Kristopher,

Got it – thanks very much!

• September 30, 2020 at 6:57 pm #299544

I take it back – Office blocked it as an unsafe attachment. Could you post it as clear text here please. I’ll save to .reg and import.

• October 1, 2020 at 11:12 am #299731
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hey Mike,

I’ve already tested this and unfortunately the site does not allow it to attach because it to deems it as “unsafe”.

I’m going to send it to you in a zip folder again but this time I’m going to change its file extension to .txt instead of having it as .reg.

Once you get the folder, go ahead and unzip it and change its ext back to .reg. Hopefully this will allow you to download them!

Regards,

Kris

• October 5, 2020 at 2:49 pm #300057
      Erik Tornquist
      Participant

oooo I’d love the registry files as well. Always suspected the retracting addon’s were intentional but had been wondering if something can be do on our end to change that. Glad to know there is.

• September 21, 2021 at 9:37 pm #346479
      Rachel Borengasser
      Participant

Kris, would you send me these files as well?

Regards from Texas,

Rachel

• September 22, 2021 at 11:21 am #346582
        Kristopher Papaleo
        Participant

Hi Rachel,

I’ve went ahead and emailed you a copy of the files 🙂

Regards,

Kris

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.