Accounting software package that integrates with 2020?

• February 2, 2017 at 1:53 pm #118972
      Dieter Baier
      Participant

Hello everyone,

We are attempting to find an accounting system that will integrate with 2020. The idea is to create quotes and proposals in 2020, and then have that data migrate to an accounting package from where one could create shipping docs, invoices, and GL reports. Is anyone aware of any accounting system that would integrate with 2020 in such fashion. 2020 Technologies says their package works with Quickbooks. Any experience or feedback from anyone? Thanks!

• March 16, 2018 at 2:21 pm #176932
      Steve Turner
      Participant

We are trying to do the same thing, did you ever get  a response or figure something out?

• March 26, 2018 at 3:43 pm #178869
      Wayne Baxter
      Participant

Steve or Dieter – Did you get an answer or solution?  I am trying to connect 2020 insight to quick books without any success

• March 27, 2018 at 1:12 am #178885

We have our own web based Quotation and Project Management package but it has cost us in excess of AU$400,000 – it is however perfectly tailored to the way we do business.

The integration with 2020 Design is via something called Application Integration (an optional module) that generates a detailed XML file containing everything in the kitchen design. Our software imports this file, discards what is doesn’t need and then imports the cabinetry and prices it according to the specifications entered for that proposal (e.g. contoured painted doors, Blum hardware etc).

What you need to do is to FIRST find a suitable pricing/proposal package that already integrates with your current back end accounting software. Develop a wishlist for this package and shop around. Just make sure that whatever package you are looking at has an import facility (most if not all do these days).

After you have set this package up and verified that it will do what you want via manual data entry, you then need to find someone to write an interface between the XML file from 2020 Design and the pricing/proposal package. This is NOT a difficult task and there are many programmers out there who would be able to do this easily – the pricing/proposal package supplier would probably be able to help.

We discarded the idea of having 2020 produce the quotation and pricing because it was way too limited in quotation format and pricing structures (to be expected – it is a DESIGN package).

• March 27, 2018 at 7:25 am #178886
      Ken Short
      Participant

This might be useful … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pND0R1fQk20

It’s an overview of how 2020 Design integrates with Quickbooks.

• March 3, 2024 at 10:02 am #437176
      Brian Dussault
      Participant

Hi …this talks about a simple integration link to bring data into QBO.  I cannot find it in 2020.  Could someone point me in the right direction to the link inn 2020.

Thanks!

• March 4, 2024 at 5:59 am #437178

Hi Brian,

A lot of optional ‘bits’ in 2020 depend on license activation codes and often do not show up until activated. I suggest contacting your 2020 rep or their sales depth to ask if this is still an option.

I had to ask them to activate Collada export for something I wanted to try and they gave me 30 day access via codes. Once I put the codes in, the option showed up.

Hope this helps.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.