After installing catalogs via Catalog manager, catalogs don't show up

• March 30, 2018 at 4:01 pm #179356
      Eric Puruczky
      Participant

Just purchased V11.  I’ve installed 4 different catalogs via “Catalog Manager”.  When I start up 2020 designs they are not in the drop down list.  These are cabinet catalogs downloaded from my cabinet manufactures websites.   Followed the exact directions on installing a catalog.  Catalog Manager said they were installed successfully.

Please help.

• March 30, 2018 at 4:31 pm #179357
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

If you have a previous version of 2020 loaded, you may have 2 versions of the catalog manager loaded. one will load the catalogs to the previous program. the other to version 11. I ended up uninstalling both versions and reloading the version 11 so I could figure out which was the right cat manager to use.  The one I have loaded for v11 now is in the start menu under Start >> Design >> Catalog Manager. The exe file location on my computer is C:/Program Files (x86)/20-20 Technologies/Design/Bin/System/CatManager.exe   Hope this helps.

• March 30, 2018 at 5:02 pm #179358
      Eric Puruczky
      Participant

Thanks for the reply.  This is a band new rig.  My older version was on a different machine.  This is the first time I’ve installed any 2020 on this new machine.  I’ve also tried running programs “As administrator” but has not yet solved the problem.  I may just uninstall and reinstall and try again.

• April 3, 2018 at 10:38 am #179920
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Eric,

What is most likely happening is that you purchased one of the limited license packages.  The Essentials version of 2020 will allow you to install any catalogs you want but only the generic catalogs will show in the software.  If you have the Select version of 2020 you are allowed to see one manufacturer’s catalog but you will need to get the encrypted version of the catalog from the manufacturer.

You can confirm your license type on your invoice or by giving us a call at 1-866-697-2020 and we can look it for you.  I do not recommend putting any account information on a public forum.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.