Appliance Issues

• August 21, 2023 at 12:05 pm #429718
      Marty Keenan
      Participant

I am having issues with appliance placement.

As you can see by the attached floor plan, the DW is to the left of the sink base.

When I produce the Perspective view the DW is in the wrong location.

• August 22, 2023 at 11:09 am #429784
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Marty,

It is possible the issue is the dishwasher itself. Let me know what specific item that is and I’ll be able to test it on my side.

Regards,

Kris

• September 20, 2023 at 11:47 am #430805
        Einav Harel
        Participant

Same exact issues with the cloud appliances

• August 23, 2023 at 11:42 am #429886
      Marty Keenan
      Participant

Hi Kris,

It is not any specific brand that is causing the issue.

The images I previously sent, the DW was KitchenAid.

As you can see in these new images I have attached, the elevations show the oven bottom set below the floor, where as the rendering shows it in correct location. These are GE Monogram appliances.

• August 23, 2023 at 12:49 pm #429907
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Marty,

I was able to find the same dishwasher you had used in your original post and was able to reproduce the same issue on my end. I was also able to find the GE item from the post above and again, was able to reproduce the issue. Unfortunately, there is no work-around to use the dishwasher correctly so my recommendation would be to find a different model.

Regarding the GE appliance, there is a work-around to have the item appear correctly. You would need to turn on the 3d shapes in elevation by going to File > Preferences > Work Area > Display 3D shapes in elevation. This will allow you to see exactly where the item is in elevation.

These cloud issues will be resolved in the next release of Design Live.

Regards,

Kris

• August 25, 2023 at 7:13 am #430002
      Marty Keenan
      Participant

Thanks Kris

• October 3, 2023 at 4:54 pm #431733
      Jon Moulton
      Participant

I had this same issue with a GE Café Refrigerator. I had to put in a placeholder fridge to the dimensions of the one I needed just to make it look right.

• November 1, 2023 at 11:05 am #434063
      Cheryl Parks
      Participant

I had this problem in a design yesterday.  I used GE appliances.  The range was the only appliance that was correct.  I moved the dishwasher to the correct place and it’s fine.  The OTR microwave and the refrigerator look okay in the floorplan and elevation but are not in the proper place in the perspectives. If I put them in the proper place in the perspectives, they are wrong on the floorplan and elevations.   I tried the workaround as mentioned in a previous comment with the 3D shapes.  The refrigerator still does not want to cooperate.

• November 2, 2023 at 3:02 pm #434071
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

This has happens to me occasionally. I ended up right clicking the appliance on the floorplan and going to the item’s Display Settings and unchecking the box so it disappeared from the floorplan only. Then I replaced it with a drawn square, recoloured to look like an appliance on the floorplan.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.