Countertop Question

• May 15, 2023 at 6:30 pm #423603
      Rick Cheski
      Participant

I have not been able to figure this out… I’m planning an entertainment wall with drawer bases on bottom, butcher block on top of them, bookcases on top of the butcher block and butcher block on top of the bookcases. 2 cabinets in the center with butcher block on top. Image attached for reference. I can’t figure out how to get the butcher block in the rendering (which catalog) or how to get it on the drawer bases then set the bookcases on top of it and next level of butcher block on top… My client would really like to see the rendering showing the wood tops in place…

Attachments:
    • May 16, 2023 at 11:20 am #423630
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Rick,

You can manually add countertops to your design by going to the ROOM_TOP catalog. Select ‘Counter Tops’ – ‘Pre-Defined Top’ – and use the STRAIGHT TOP.

You can modify the countertop size by right clicking the top and using ‘Edit Shape’. You can change the counters Up/Down by going into its Attributes, and you can change the height (thickness) of the countertop by going into its Attributes > Variables. From Variables, you’ll also have the ability to change the texture of the countertop.

Here are two articles than can help with modifying your countertop.

How to Edit Countertops, Surfaces and Trims

How to extend a Countertop (add a line) in 2020 Design

Regards,

Kris

• May 16, 2023 at 7:18 pm #423641
      Rick Cheski
      Participant

Thanks Kris,

Exactly what I needed!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.