Countertop Wizard Issues

• June 2, 2016 at 11:16 am #90935
      Bobbi Breunig
      Participant

I’m new to countertop wizard and have a few questions.

Is there a way to edit the shapes after the countertop wizard has placed the auto design shapes on the design?

Example – I have an island with legs and it thinks that the island is 3 pieces (one rectangle & 2 small squares over each leg) How can I edit this shape to be large enough to go over the entire space?

After the countertop is placed in the design it is very difficult to click on any of the cabinetry as it is always grabbing the entire countertop design, is there a way to turn this off? I’ve notice even if I visually hide the countertop it still wants to click on the top.

Thanks for your help.

Bobbi

• June 3, 2016 at 10:25 am #91041
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Bobbi,

The only way to edit countertops placed using the Wizard is to delete them and run through the Wizard again.  You can customise your tops by selecting “Choose a specific shape…” instead of Autodesign.  You might need to run through the Wizard a couple of times to get all your countertops in but you can build each piece one at a time if you want.

To select a cabinet that is under the countertop just right click over the cabinet and select the cabinet from the list that comes up.

Hope that helps

Neil

• July 6, 2016 at 11:24 am #94389
      J Thom
      Participant

Hi Neil,

I am also new to countertop wizard. How do I use the Kohler sinks in the countertop wizard rather than the generic ones they provide and their faucet? I don’t want to use their faucets. I want to use the kohler faucets.

Thanks

Ilona

• July 6, 2016 at 2:33 pm #94417
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

Hi Bobbi,

Two ways I can think of to get the countertop you want.

First way is to determine in advance the size you want, and select the appropriate shape from the list, then manually enter the size instead of allowing it to design over exiting cabinets.  You’ll get the countertop in the size you want, then you just need to drag it into position.

Second way is to allow countertop wizard to design it incorrectly, then edit the shape.  You can edit tops made by countertop wizard, though it’s a bit clunky.  Hover over the element you wish to edit (line or corner) then right click.  The countertop will be listed in the pop-up menu, and within that, the element (line or corner) is in a sub-menu.  From there you can move a line to change the size, pull a corner point to a new position, radius or clip a corner, etc.

The trick is learning which method is quicker, or more accurate.

Ilona, to use a different sink than the ones in the wizard, find the sink you want, and place it in the cabinet first.  Then go through the wizard.  When you get to the sink dialog, the sink you placed will be there.  If it’s written in red letters, it has a detail that needs to be edited (usually the wizard wants to know if its cast iron or not).  Just click on the sink, then click the edit button at the bottom of the box.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.