Crashing before it opens

• November 9, 2017 at 4:33 pm #159876
      Denneen
      Participant

My 20/20 won’t open!!

I restarted my computer, didn’t help.  Anyone else?

• November 9, 2017 at 4:45 pm #159877
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Denneen,

The best thing to do is call the 1-866-697-2020 support line and have someone look at the issue.  They will need information like which version of the software you are trying to open, which version of windows you are running and what if any error messages you are receiving.

Neil

• November 9, 2017 at 6:31 pm #159878

As Neil said, try the helpline first but if you aren’t in the right Timezone to do this then there are things you can try.

That not starting issue happens occasionally but usually on V9 rather than later versions. If a reboot doesn’t work then in sequence you shoould:

1) Try a 2020 Registry Reset (you will lose your preferences and have to set them up again)

2) Try a Basic Uninstall then re-install. This will keep your catalogs and most settings

3) Try a Complete Uninstall then re-install. You will have to re-enter your preferences and reload all your catalogues.

This presumes you don’t have computer issues such as a dying hard disk or a Windows 10 (Anniversary) update that have screwed 2020 up.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.