Create new door style

• December 3, 2014 at 8:03 am #19902
      edwardstein
      Participant

Is it possible to scan a photo of a cabinet door not already in a 2020 library catalog and be able to import it in a catalog.? If so please describe how.

• December 3, 2014 at 1:30 pm #19948
      Participant

Hi,

Unfortunately this feature is not available in 2020 Design.

There is a feature called “Custom Material Wizard” the Wizard allows you to create and add your own textures from scanned or downloaded graphic images to your designs to be applied to Cabinets, Wall, Doors, Counter Top, Tiles and other items.

Thanks

• December 4, 2014 at 2:11 pm #20214
      edwardstein
      Participant

where can this wizard be found in version 10.5?

• December 4, 2014 at 3:23 pm #20218
      Participant

Here is how to.

Steps:
      1. From any items attributes or Properties
      2. Go to the option to change the texture
      3. In the Textures dialog box, click the Custom Material button.
      4. In the Custom Material dialog box, click the Wizard button.
      5. In the Welcome screen of the Custom Material Wizard, click Next to open your graphic file.
      6. In the Open dialog box, select the disk/folder where the file is located. Accepted graphic file formats are .jpg, .bmp, .tif, .png, .gif, .tga, and .lwi.
      7. Follow the steps on the screen to complete the wizard.

• December 30, 2014 at 1:39 pm #21270
      Haim
      Participant

Is it Possible to select a Door with a horizontal center Rail, and move the rail to any specified position. I’ve been trying to figure it out and the program wont let me change the position of the rail.

• December 30, 2014 at 1:41 pm #21271
      Haim
      Participant

Also for Wall cabinets, you can select any glass door, but for a Tall cabinet, you are not able to. Is there any way to choose glass doors on the Tall cabinet, or is it an error?

• January 5, 2015 at 1:16 pm #21280
      Participant

Door with Glass

From any items attributes or Properties
      Go to the Variables Tab
      Find the Door Style (base, Tall or Wall) select the Style that your want
      Then Right click on the variable and select Expression
      The Add GLASS + before the Number (Glass + 12)

Door with a horizontal center Rail, yes this is possible but you will need to download and install our custom catalogs (Design Plus

For step by steps please contact our support team at 1-866-697-2020
      It will be their pleasure to assist you with this

• January 5, 2015 at 3:11 pm #21289
      Haim
      Participant

Thank you, but i think we misunderstood how can you select which glass door style. For example by wall cabinet in the design plus, you go to add-ons, then glass doors, and it gives you an option of 45 different glass doors. For Tall there is no add ons for glass, so i do i select one of the 45 for a Tall cabinet. Let me know.
      Thanks

• January 5, 2015 at 3:15 pm #21290
      Haim
      Participant

Regarding the Horizontal Center Rail. I loaded the Design Plus catalog and i am still unable to see any option for it. When i called support they said it was unavailable. Please let me know. I am really surprised from 2020, everyone uses a rail. I used it it Cabinet Vision. Is important to have it and to be able to adjust the rail to whatever height you need. i mentioned it a long time ago. Please get back to me.

• January 27, 2015 at 10:23 am #22223
      Participant

Hi Haim,
      Sorry for the misunderstood
      We didn’t add these add-ons for the tall cabinets. I will make a request for the next version.

The only trick that I can give you is what I said before.
      Add a Door style them Then Right click on the variable and select Expression
      The Add GLASS + before the Number (Glass + 12)

For step by steps please contact our support team at 1-866-697-2020
      It will be their pleasure to assist you with this

• May 18, 2016 at 11:42 am #89008
      carl standford
      Participant

Hopefully this is something that they should work onto in the future. And for sure many will still use the idea than what is actually user today.

Regards.
      Carl of http://caldwells.com/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.