Creating A Stairwell Opening

• March 4, 2015 at 10:56 pm #24122
      Ruth Crump
      Participant

I am trying to create a stairwell for a renovation which involves a change between floors. Is there a way to create an opening in a floor space to add in a stair?

• July 1, 2016 at 12:40 pm #94150
      Logan Butler
      Participant

Maybe that is close to trapdoor, anyway, it is best to share precise ideas if you have included the photo or at least a minimal explanation. By the way, if you have more future renovation or even repair ideas you can simply get to this DIY home repair products at http://www.sunlinemesh.com/products/, they have almost all renovation materials as well as tips that help you the entire work process.

• July 5, 2016 at 9:22 am #94294
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I did a kitchen last year that had a prominent stairwell going down, though the relevant space was all on one level.  Still, it needed to look right.

What worked for me was to set the floor to transparent, then make a new floor using the surface tool, being careful to leave the rectangle of the stairwell open.  Once that was done, I placed a set of stairs below floor level, with the top lined up to the edge of the opening.  It wasn’t 100%, but it looked close enough to pass muster.

Attachments:
    • July 14, 2016 at 11:43 am #95216
      Jordyn P
      Pilot Pro

Also can help to put a surface under the stairwell too, so it looks like there’s a room down there.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.