Custom Backsplash

• August 28, 2015 at 5:38 pm #46081
      Kristi
      Participant

I often have a backsplash with more complexity that just standard tile. It will have some sort of design or accent thrown in. I have in the past exported my 2020 drawing to Photoshop and then overlaid the backsplash to give a visual for my customer, but I would like to do this through 2020, so I don’t have to keep doing it for every perspective and so it can be seen in room viewer also. Does anyone have any tips on how to do this?

• August 31, 2015 at 10:15 am #46110
      Participant

Hi Kristi,

My suggestion will be to try to use the “Surface Tool.”
      The surface tool will allow you to cover any surface area and apply any texture to it..

If you do a search in the help file for “Wall or floor surface” or “Add wall or floor tiling”
      you will have steps by steps how to use this feature.

• August 31, 2015 at 2:18 pm #46126
      Jordyn P
      Pilot Pro

Kristi,

I have been using the custom material wizard. I find a tile pattern online that I like, download a picture of it and put it in the design that way. It does take a bit of trial and error to get it just right, so I practice getting the dimensions correct in my spare time. But it’s worth it! Customers really enjoy seeing their tile that they picked on their final renderings.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.