Does anyone know how to amend catalog pricing?

• April 23, 2016 at 9:33 am #85887
      Gerry Kelly
      Participant

I have recently posted a question about setting prices on catalogs and seems to have been deleted. 20-20 Sold on the basis that catalogs contain pricing info ( I understand not from every manufacturer) However the catalogs which do not contain pricing info cannot be amended and monitored locally , support have been unable to give me a reasonable explanation, What is the point of software which has the ability to price and display margins etc. as well as ordering the products from the supplier, if most of the functionality is top secret. My whole reason for ordering 20-20 Fusion was that the package would save time and resources I have now discovered that this is not the case . A classic case of over promises and under deliver.

I expect this post will be deleted by admin.

• April 23, 2016 at 9:53 am #85888
      Jim Smalley
      2020 Moderator

Hi Gerry – sorry to hear of your problems. Regarding your disappearing post, I can assure you that this was not a deliberate act – there does appear to have been some technical issues which has resulted in more than just this one post disappearing from yesterday. I have reported this to our IT team for investigation.

In terms of how to adjust prices of individual items added to a Fusion design, these can be changed by selecting the required item, clicking on the Items tab and changing a value in the ‘Price’ section. The values that can be changed in this area are Price excluding VAT, Price including VAT, Surcharge and the overall Total.”

Regarding your question concerning certain manufacturers’ catalogues not being priced, I have asked our content team to review this question and respond accordingly.

• April 23, 2016 at 10:25 am #85897
      Gerry Kelly
      Participant

Thanks Jim – I knew that I could manually input prices as I inserted items into the design, the point is I need to do this every time , if I was able to amend the downloaded catalog to reflect the correct RRP Cost and Margin this would save a large amount of time, I have tried amending via catalogs administrator , but I am unable to “save as” and give the amended catalog a new file name, the result is that the server wants to overwrite the changes.

• April 23, 2016 at 10:28 am #85898
      Participant

Hi Gerry,

We had some unexpected downtime yesterday, and in the process of fixing the issue, a couple of recent posts including yours were lost. It was about to be recovered & reposted, but i see you beat us to it, so I’ll include it in the thread below for reference.

Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Best,

2020 Admin

• April 23, 2016 at 10:29 am #85899
      Participant

Originally posted by Gerry, Fri 4/22/2016 7:44 AM

Recently started using 20-20 but none of my catalogs have any pricing, is this because suppliers do not provide this or am I experiencing a glitch?

If i have to manually insert pricing info is there an easy way to do this ?

• May 27, 2016 at 6:12 am #90035
      Barnaby Partridge
      Participant

Hi Gerry,

I too am frustrated by the obvious limitations that I see on a day-to-day basis when using Fusion.

Like you, I see a powerful tool being woefully underused.  From what I can gather, from speaking with various suppliers/manufacturers, it seems that the majority of Fusion users don’t have the desire to use Fusion to its fullest extent and often use it just to show a 3D image to a customer.  They they have their own method for pricing up, whether this is using Excel, doing it manually, or some other method.

Companies like EasyQuote, KBBConnect and others have seen that there is this problem and have developed their own programs to help fill the gap, but I think Planit are missing a trick as their software does most of what is needed, but they don’t appear to take advantage of this.

For a number of years I have been using my own catalogues to enable me to insert products, along with their prices, automatically – drastically reducing the time it takes to quote a customer.  I take the manufacturers’ pricelists (in XLS) and generate a personalised catalogue.

This is great, but pricelists change and models get updated, so it’s a constant battle to keep things updated! To complicate things further, there is a hard-coded error with Fusion that prevents a cost price being inputted, meaning I can’t automatically calculate margins!  I have notified Planit of this a couple of times – the first time was at least 2 years ago – but the problem still exists (“it will be resolved in the next version…”).

I’m not sure that this post will help in any way, but at least you know you’re not alone in your frustration!

Barnaby

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.