Downloads from 2020.net keep failing

• December 14, 2018 at 5:04 pm #220613
      Sabrina DaLomba
      Participant

Hello!  I have been popping into 2020.net to download some catalogs and 1) it is painfully slow to log in, navigate to a page, and the file download is brutal.  2)  The download fails before it is complete.  I have tried over the course of about 2 months, at least.  I am on a super fast corporate network that is newly upgraded to accommodate all of our bandwidth needs at lightning speed.  I even tried after 5pm when 90% of my coworkers leave, just in case.  I can download large 2020 catalogs from cabinetry manufacturers in seconds. It’s just you.  Is this a known issue?  Is there any other way I can get some of these catalogs?  I am most in need of Cambria & Cosentino.  I went to their sites & their links simply direct you to 2020.net.  I’ve tried about 10 catalogs of different kinds with the same results.  Thanks in advance!

• December 15, 2018 at 3:57 pm #220616
      Clare White
      Participant

Is the firewall interfering?

• December 16, 2018 at 7:03 pm #220620

I’m in Australia and had no problems downloading the Dekton catalogue – 34MB in about 20 seconds. It’s probably worth trying a different browser – I just tried Firefox but the speeds were similar in Chrome and IE. If they all fail, you may find that you need to speak to your IT support to see if they have enabled restrictions on downloads.

It used to be possible to use a Download Manager to speed up downloads and allow resuming of failed downloads but the 2020.net site uses session ids for the download which makes it more awkward.

2020 does not like anybody making the files available outside of 2020.net otherwise I’d give you Dropbox links but if you email residentialsupport@2020spaces.com, I’m sure they will help.

• December 17, 2018 at 11:24 am #220737
      Sabrina DaLomba
      Participant

Just got off with IT.  We cleared cache & tried again in Chrome.  They don’t believe it is firewall related.  They pinged 2020.net & I got a screenshot.  I was able to slowly download the 3 catalogs I needed most, so that is an improvement.  At least they completed downloading. Talked to colleagues in different locations (same company) & their downloads are going slow also.  But at least they are completing.  Tried Cambria, Silestone & SubZeroWolf, so nothing over 300MB.  IT is looking into some stuff in the meantime.

Attachments:
    • December 17, 2018 at 12:19 pm #221058
      Edith
      Participant

Hi Sabrina!

I am sorry you are struggling to download these catalogs. The traffic on the site is high and from time to time that definitely is a factor for the slowness.
      You should know that we are working on improvements to make customers experience easier & quicker specifically when you download versions and\or catalogs.
      To help you obtaining these catalogs asap, please email me your contact info at ResidentialSupport@2020spaces.com it will be our pleasure to provide you all that you need on an ftp site.

Edith

• December 17, 2018 at 4:09 pm #221108
      Sabrina DaLomba
      Participant

Thank you! I’ve been able to get a few slow downloads completed for now.  I will definitely email you for the others soon!

• December 17, 2018 at 10:28 pm #221132
      Edith
      Participant

I am glad to hear that!

Please feel free to send the list over anytime, we will be glad to help you with it.

Edith

• December 19, 2018 at 2:30 pm #221293
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi Sabrina!

I am in Canada, and I can do very little with 2020.net *unless* I am in Explorer.

Honestly, I hate Explorer – I am a Firefox gal through and through – but I keep Explorer on my desktop SPECIFICALLY for going to 2020.net.

Maybe that will help –

Cheers,

Ariana

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.