Elevations question

• November 8, 2017 at 12:55 pm #159652
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I sometimes turn off the outside placement zones on wall properties so I don’t have so many auto-measurements.

When I do this I can’t put doors or windows on the walls and, if there are, doors or windows on the walls no longer appear in elevations. Is there a better way to do this?

• November 8, 2017 at 7:59 pm #159723

We have a similar issue. We often come across situations where the benchtop fits into the window space (we call this a reveal). To get this to look right, we always used to offset the window towards the outside of the wall (see image).

When we add a placement zone for the outside (when we use it as a Servery Window eith cabinets on the outside for example), the window disappears on the internal elevation but shows on the external elevation.

• November 9, 2017 at 10:06 am #159760
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Guys,

Viewing of objects in 2020 elevations is tied to the placement zone.  So if the item is not in the placement zone for that side of the wall it won’t show.  If there is no placement zone, you can’t create elevations. 🙂

Neil

• November 9, 2017 at 6:46 pm #159879

Hi Neil,

The behaviour of the placement zones is a bit odd. When you add both inside and outside placement zones, I would have expected back of the zone to either be in the centre of the wall or at the back of that ‘side’ but it appears that when you add the outside placement zone, the inside placement zone defaults to the front of the wall. I hope you understand what I mean as my explanation is a bit confusing.

Would it be possible to add this to the wishlist that the placement zone always extends from what 2020 thinks of as the ‘back’of the wall for that placement zone?

Incidentally, this behaviour is consistent back to and including V9 so nothing has changed in that regard.

Attachments:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.