Feature Request –

• August 11, 2017 at 3:14 pm #142262
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I’d like to see a flooring wizard like the one for countertops.

• August 17, 2017 at 10:13 am #143514
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I am wondering if it might be possible to add a search function for the Drag & Drop box that can look through more than model numbers.

I’d like to be able to search through, say Kohler Bathrooms, for all undermount bathtubs or polished chrome faucets, but now I can only use the Drag & Drop bar by typing K- but that requires going into build.com or kohler.com first and finding what I am looking for then seeing if that K- code exists in the catalog or in the 2020 cloud.

2020 cloud is significantly easier to search for stuff in than the Drag & drop boxes.

• August 24, 2017 at 11:56 am #144623
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion.  We understand the 2020 Cloud search engine provides more flexibility.  I am not sure the engine can be ported to our current infrastructure of the Drag & Drop box but will look into it.

Thanks again!

Santiago

• August 25, 2017 at 4:18 pm #145012
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

1) For Rendering Module: we can save views, which is GREAT! I’d like to be able to export those views’ settings so I can use them in the incremental saves.

I do this often. make a design but have a couple incremental saves where the position or type of fixtures is different based on the wants/needs of the client. Then I create the views for rendering the base version images, then I have to re-create those for the next version(s).

Not even sure this is needed function for anyone else. (or maybe this is something Mike has already done?)

2) I’d like a preference setting for Elevations.

3) I’d like a preference setting for Coutertop Wizard (we always use 3cm and 4″ backsplashes.)

• August 30, 2017 at 9:00 am #145528
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

I will take note of these suggestion as well.

Thanks again,

Santiago

• September 12, 2017 at 11:51 am #147358
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

For the rendering module for texture mode – an indication of when the image is done rendering.

right now it does a progressive scan kind of thing that is very easy to see on the first pass when it cleans up the really jagged lines, but much harder to see if it does a 2nd pass.

• September 13, 2017 at 11:48 am #147598
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris.  Thank you for your input. I will take this feature request under consideration.

Thank you,

Santiago

• October 17, 2017 at 1:05 pm #153951
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

When I select cabinets and the associate trim (crown, light valance, toe kick) and I name the Section the trim pieces do not get the section name.

Am I missing the way to do this, is it even possible?

• December 14, 2017 at 5:27 pm #164075
      Aaron Cusimano
      Participant

Hello,

I work for a Design-Build company that uses 2020 Design software along with several other CAD and design platforms. There two export formats that would significantly improve our process:

1. The ability to export .IFC files for 3D coordination. IFC is an industry standard BIM / CAD format adopted by many software companies to allow communication between platforms.

2. The ability to export 2D .DWG cabinet elevations would also be a big help. Currently, as I understand it, 202o can export 2D .DWG plans, and 3D DWG models, but not 2D elevations.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best,

Aaron Cusimano

• December 15, 2017 at 9:55 am #164118
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Aaron,

Thank you for the feature recommendation. I took note the the “.IFC” request.  As for the 2D elevation export in DWG format, we are currently defining the requirements for it.

Thanks again,

Santiago

• December 17, 2017 at 10:20 pm #164319

Feature Request – 2020 Cloud

2 ‘Favourites’ options. Personal Favourites and Company Favourites.

As well as Designers having obvious favourites for decorative items, it would be nice if we could have a Company Favourites option where we can add items that are particularly relevant to the company.

I appreciate they can save cloud items to their own files but trying to save them to the Idea Center results in an error (reported via email).

• December 28, 2017 at 2:02 pm #164936
      Chris Blackman
      Participant

I’d love to see LeRendu be able to import the saved view from Rendering Module.

I think LeRendu is more stable and faster but I don’t use it because it doesn’t see the saved views from the rendering module.

Thanks

• January 2, 2018 at 9:49 pm #164965
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Chris,

Thank you for this suggestion regarding LeRendu. I took note of it.

Santiago

• January 8, 2018 at 5:23 pm #165737
      Christopher Robles
      Participant

Hello! I would like to request the ability to animate the camera along a path and save the rendered frames as a video file. Similar to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixwZawX-fM. Tha path line would provide a start and end location, as well as start and end rotation. There would need to be some kind of wave graph to fine tune the rotation (maybe you dont want the rotation start until half way through, or the rotation to start off slow then increase speed at a specific point).

• January 15, 2018 at 9:40 am #166142
      Robert Cole
      Participant

I would love to see a search box in the Open File window.  Like a lot of designers out there I have a ton of 2020 files and would love to make finding them easier.

Attachments:
    • January 15, 2018 at 2:49 pm #166170
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

@Christopher & @Robert,
      Thank you for the suggestions!

@Christopher
      the production of these videos can be resource hungry. I will evaluate the feasibility. Would you prefer to have a video file to share or rather a link to a file on our server?

Thank you,

Santiago

• January 16, 2018 at 6:16 pm #166272

Hi Santiago,
      There are rendering scenarios out there which would make this option quite easy to implement. I’d be happy to have an ‘add-on’ for a walkthrough perhaps based on the Unity engine (even at extra cost).

I’d prefer to have a real-time walkthrough as opposed to a video. One of the reasons for this is that I am trying to convince my management to let me build a room with a rear-projection system so that clients can see the render full size. This would also work well with Google Cardboard, Hololens etc.

Attachments:
    • January 16, 2018 at 6:49 pm #166282
      Christopher Robles
      Participant

Hello Santiago, thank you for the response. I guess it would make more sense for you to make it a link to a file on the sever, that’s I think how you use 360 panoramic. It would be nice to be able to send the file or link in an email that my clients could open and view. I know maya renders out the frames and uses another small program that comes with maya to compile the frames into a video format, something like this might work. I also wouldn’t mind the unity add-on like Mike Langensiepen mentioned, mostly because I am very familiar with the unity engine. Though as of now my boss has only asked me to look into video.

• January 16, 2018 at 7:10 pm #166283

Hey Chris,
      If you have and are familiar with Unity, why not try importing a 2020 file – if you ask, I think they can give you a trial enable of various export formats that Unity can handle (e.g. Collada DAE) although you could get it into Sketchup via DXF and go from there. Unity supports walkthroughs and video walkthroughs.

Here is a simple Sketchup one I uploaded when I was playing with the Collada export:

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/u176543cb-7faf-407d-8fc0-06bb86febd50/Simple-Kitchen-Design

• January 16, 2018 at 7:24 pm #166284
      Christopher Robles
      Participant

Thanks Mike, I will look into this. I am curious how the textures would export from 2020 to sketchup to unity, I’m sure I would have to rebuild the shaders  once imported to unity anyway.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.