Fusion Feature Suggestions

• January 26, 2017 at 9:39 am #118601
      Richard
      Participant

Hi guys.

I was looking for a section for feature suggestions, but couldn’t find one, so I’ve created a new post specifically for this.

So, I would like to kick this off with a suggestion of additional wall items and options as per my attached picture.

When doing our designs, we often need to specify the building of new walls both internal and external, and so my fitters require detailed information on the new walls, and I find I am spending an awful lot of time ‘fudging’ the existing wall options to try to make them suit our needs, and so felt it was time to suggest some additional options and features to cover this.

The first suggestion is that the standard wall tool has not been updated for an extremely long time, with the exception of the addition of the virtual wall tool, so my suggestion is to add two more wall items to the options available:

1. Cavity Wall – A wall that draws a proper three part cavity wall with an internal wall, external wall and void in between for insulation.
      The default total thickness would be 300mm.
      This would ideally have the option to ‘Change wall type’ independantly for all three layers, so that they can each display a different ‘Hatching’ type to each other.
      Also ideally, there would be the ability to change the thickness of each wall section individually, maybe in the ‘Properties’ options, where you could alter each ones thickness individually from the default 100mm for each.

2. Double sided wall. A wall that allows the user to plan on both sides of the wall, with each side having ‘snapping’ capabilities. Whilst you can create an additional internal ‘double sided wall’ by clicking a wall, holding down the control key and dragging out, this is only really suitable if the wall is the full width of the room, and is no good for l-shaped walls etc. In kitchen design, there is often a utility room added, which needs to be drawn independantly, with two walls back to back to allow designing on the kitchen side as well as the utility sde of the wall, and often creates problems with perfect alignment etc.

The second suggestion is to add more ‘Wall type’ options to cover more usage requirements:

1. Batt – To add the generic wavy ‘insulation’ key to a wall.
      2. Stud – To show timber studs and board, with the studs spaced at a standard dimension (525mm), which can be altered in the walls ‘properties’ menu, eg. ‘Wall hatching spacing distance = 525mm’

• January 30, 2017 at 5:26 am #118682
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

Be nice now we have the ability to select multiple annotations, to be able to move them in bulk to another layer. I often have fitters notes and client notes on different layers in order to turn on or off the ones I need, but it takes a while at the moment.

Also a ceiling lantern tool? or an item in advanced graphics that would cut a hole in the ceiling like the sinks in the worktops. Currently I draw a graphic box at ceiling height and cut a hole in it.

-totally agree with the above suggestions as well

• January 30, 2017 at 5:33 am #118683
      Richard
      Participant

I Agree with Grants suggestion of a ceiling cutout tool like worktops – I too often need to do this, and also use *Box to acheive this, which is not ideal.

For the annotations, I tend to save fitters notes as a named view on plan, then I need to delete them to add new notes for, say, a worktop plan for my worksurface fabricators, then need to remember to save that as a new named view, and switch between the named plan views as required. Annotation Layers would be a great addition, so that they can simply be switched on and off as required.

• February 7, 2017 at 4:47 am #119289
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

I have a new suggestion to add- Can we get a keyboard shortcut or combo for drag panning? I often zoom into plans to do some more detailed work and find moving the mouse over to the scroll bars a little long winded

• February 7, 2017 at 10:32 am #119293
      Jim Smalley
      2020 Moderator

Hi All,

Thank you for the input to date; I will be reviewing the suggestions made so far in the near future and making more specific comments once done.

@Grant – regarding the request for a zoom shortcut, Version 6.0 (due in the Autumn of 2017) will be enhanced to facilitate mouse-wheel controlled zooming. I would expect that this will actually prove to deliver what you require – but just in a different way.

• February 8, 2017 at 4:56 am #119532
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

I assume that would run by zooming into the mouse location which would absolutely work!

I look forward to it

• February 14, 2017 at 4:24 am #120103
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

New suggestion πŸ™‚

With the annotation selection, would it be possible to shift click (group select) and move the whole selection to a new layer? At the moment if I want to set up different note layers (Worktops, client, fitter etc..) I have to move each to a new layer seperately.

Also with the lights, I know we can make different light areas but could we make it so I can select all within a light area? At the moment if I want to adjust under worktop LED’s I have to shift click each one in the lights section for about ten minutes πŸ˜›

• April 5, 2017 at 4:49 am #123877
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

I have a new feature suggestion:

Would it be possible to ‘Lock’ Layers, like in photoshop. for example, if I have a complex ceiling or multi height floors I will make them from boxes, move them to another layer and turn that layer off while I work. But it would be nice to just lock the layer when I am finished with it, then I don’t have to remember to turn it back on for Renders. I know that you can lock multiple items, but that doesn’t seem to work correctly as I still end up deleting or accidently moving ‘locked’ items.

• April 7, 2017 at 10:06 am #124544
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

I have just found out I can right click on a lighting area to select all within an area, so for anyone who has had the same problem thats the fix

• June 21, 2017 at 11:23 am #135907
      Ciaran McAtamney
      Participant

Hi all,

Not sure if this is possible already but it would be really helpful if in plan view we could show the handings of doors and how many drawers….Currently I print off a plan and add these manually….If it isn’t currently possible to do this is it something that is being considered?

• June 21, 2017 at 11:31 am #135908
      Ciaran McAtamney
      Participant

Hi all,

Just realized this is in the catalogue settings in Plan Views changing from ‘Europe’ to ‘Fixed Open’…

• June 21, 2017 at 11:46 am #135909
      Ciaran McAtamney
      Participant

Ok so it worked on the Daval Catalogue but can’t seem to find out how to do it in the Kuhlmann catalogue….Anyone know how?

Cheers

• June 27, 2017 at 6:58 am #136774
      Grant Hughes
      Participant

Can we get a batch export for renders to jpg?

I keep wanting to put my renders in a powerpoint presentation first, so want them in jpg version but its annoying to go export seven times for each plan.

• October 20, 2017 at 12:38 pm #154438
      Jim Smalley
      2020 Moderator

Hi Grant – thanks for the suggestion – we will certainly be considering this as a strong candidate for a future release. In the meantime, many thanks for your great ideas.

Best wishes,

Jim

• January 5, 2018 at 7:45 am #165136
      Sylvia Martini
      Participant

Yes, I agree with Grant I have used the lock layer technique. You can select the layer and them move the objects.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.