Handling dimensions in more then one elevation of a tab

• August 8, 2016 at 3:20 pm #97587
      DonnaTHC
      Participant

I am currently using version 11.  I create tabs with more then one elevation in them by holding the Cntrl Key to select all that I want in the tab and then click Add Elevation.  That way I have one tab for the perimeter walls and another for the island cabinets and, if there is a Butlers Pantry, it is in it’s own tab, etc.  However, when I try to alter the way dimension are handled for all of the elevations in a certain tab, what I select while in Display Settings only gets applied to the elevation that I am currently clicked on in that tab.  The other elevations in the tab remain unchanged.  In version 9, I was able to click off or click on whichever dimensions I wanted then I was able to Save that scheme so that whenever I wanted my elevations with those dimensions, I would just click on that scheme.  However, I am not finding a way to do that in version 11.  Are we still able to do this?  If not, why????  Has the way to do this changed?   Any help that could be offered would be greatly appreciated.  I don’t like have a bunch of tabs but that seems to be the only way I can figure out to do it.

• August 8, 2016 at 4:12 pm #97599
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Donna,

There is a glitch in version 11 concerning multiple elevations in a single tab.  They are aware of it and working to resolve it but as of version 11.5.2 it is still unresolved and the work around is still to open multiple elevations rather than have multiple elevations open on the same tab.

Neil

• August 8, 2016 at 4:43 pm #97622
      DonnaTHC
      Participant

Thank you, Neil.  I appreciate the info.  It is frustrating that some of the things that worked well in previous versions no longer work in 11.  Hope they fix this one soon.

Thanks again!

Donna

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.