Hiding Walls in Render View

• March 19, 2018 at 12:26 pm #177009
      Kerry Fullington
      Participant

I would like the ability to associate objects to walls, (objects that snap to a wall would automatically be associated to that wall) and then the ability to select a wall and hide the wall only or the wall plus all objects associate with it in the render view.  I would also like to be able to select objects plus a wall and associate that object or disassociate the object from the wall.

This allows me to get things out of the way, especially in small rooms to get better views to render.

Clipping works but lacks control and is time consuming.

• March 19, 2018 at 3:58 pm #177311
      Santiago Morales
      2020 Expert

Hello Kerry,

Thanks for the feedback. Would the objects need to be in the wall placement zones? Would you want to be some logic to make sure the object is within a certain distance from a wall?

Santiago

• April 7, 2018 at 3:35 pm #181018
      Matt Flanagan
      Participant

I have been wondering how to hide certain walls in renderings also.  I have had some customers bring me in renderings from other stores that were made on 2020 and I can tell they were from angles where walls were hidden.  I’ve been trying to figure out how to do this and I can’t.  Can someone let me know how to do this?

• April 8, 2018 at 7:32 pm #181020

Hi Matt,

You should have a look at the ‘clipping’ facility built into the render options. It’s a really handy feature to do what you want.  I agree with Kerry that it could do with improvement but it’s not bad. Other software I have used makes the wall/wall items invisible automatically if it’s obstructing the view which might also be a wishlist option for a future release.

• April 9, 2018 at 8:56 am #181027
      Kerry Fullington
      Participant

Mike,

Clipping “works?” but is very inaccurate and cumbersome to control through multiple views.

It would probably work better if the clip line were a rectangle instead of a circle and you had the ability to fine tune the clip.

Hiding walls and associated items gives you exactly what you want in the render view and allows you to look at it from all angles in the perspective without further adjustment.

I can look at a whole wall of cabinets or zoom in on a pull without having to adjust the clipping line. It also gives me the ability to show or not show appliances lighting fixtures, decorative objects etc. without changing my design.

• April 9, 2018 at 9:06 pm #181445

I agree it isn’t ideal. Certainly a better clipping option can be added to the wishlist but it’s better than having nothing at all as a lot of the other K&B software does. In other packages I have had to move entire wall sections out of the way and/or change the wall to transparent.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.