I hope I just dont understand!

• December 5, 2016 at 4:46 pm #113365
      Terriell Yow
      Participant

I have been trying to use 2020 cloud, but everything I have searched for is not there! I thought I could access all of whirlpool’s items, but my customers give me the item number and I haven’t found one match yet. I do get a listing, but not what I am looking for. If any one knows something I may be doing wrong please advise me, it’s embarrassing when you tell a customer you’ll place their appliances in their plan and then not find them. If on the other hand this is all cloud can do, I can do better on the web. I hope I just don’t understand!

• December 6, 2016 at 10:34 am #113377
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Terriell,

There are two things you need to take into account when grabbing things out of the cloud catalogs.

First, the cloud feature of 2020 Design is still in its Beta mode.  Meaning it is not yet a complete feature.  If you look on the cloud banner you will see it says “Beta” right there.

Second, most of the manufactures on the cloud have literally thousands of items and those items are updated on a continuous basis so until the cloud is fully live and the manufacturers are updating the items as they go the listings in the cloud will be a little behind the current line up that the manufacturers have on the market.

The manufacturers on the cloud should also have traditional 2020 catalogs available so you could download and install those and see if the items you are looking for are present in the traditional catalog or you can always look on into Sketchup and see if you can find the exact model of appliance you are looking for there.

Hope that helps,

Neil

• December 6, 2016 at 3:16 pm #113429
      Participant

Hi Terriell,

While 2020 Cloud is relatively new, it currently offers a limited, but growing number of appliance catalogs. The Whirlpool catalog, for example contains around 75 items to-date.

Can you tell us which products you were looking for? You mentioned that you get a listing, but not the one you’re looking for.

Best,

2020 Admin

• December 7, 2016 at 1:03 am #113623

Hi Terriell,

part of the problem is that many of the manufacturers just do not make the 3D CAD files available. I have been trying for 3 months to get Australian 3D CAD files of the most popular makes and models and it is an absolute nightmare. Even when the manufacturer states that they have CAD files, many of these are out of date or are 2D.

I am trying to build a library of Clark sinks and a lot of the 3D DXFs are available but some of the sinks come in left and right hand versions and often, you can only find (for example) the left hand CAD file.

Cheers

Mike

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.