Inspiration Awards Massive voting issues

• October 1, 2016 at 11:19 pm #105256
      Damien Rowe
      Participant

I am trying to vote for kitchens (from different designers, categories, etc.), and my votes register maybe 1 time out of 20.

I have tried different browsers, different physical networks, different designs.  There is no simple fix.  Others have had similar issues. Please explain the voting limitations/expectations so at least I can feel like SOMETHING is happening.

• October 2, 2016 at 8:32 pm #105289
      Amy Truchan
      2020 Moderator

Hi Damien,

The rules for the contest for voting are: One vote per hour per design is permitted. The voting rules are stated here.

If you are logged into the 2020 community, the blue button voting button will turn green. If you are not logged into the the community (outside votes)- the blue button stays blue. We have extensively tested the voting to make sure that all votes are counted.

If you have any issues, please feel free to contact me directly and I can help you out. My email is amy.truchan@2020spaces.com.

Thank you for your comment and good luck in the contest.

Amy

• October 4, 2016 at 9:00 am #105725
      Chuck H.
      Participant

Hi Amy,

I was under the assumption that you could only enter 5 renders of different designs. One render per category per design. It looks too me like there are up to 10 entries from certain designers with a lot of views from the same designs. I know that this was to be voting by our peers, but I’m seeing some questionable voting at best. Please review your voting procedure and access to the voting, so that this contest is fair to all that took the time to enter and that represents 2020 Design at its best.

• October 4, 2016 at 11:07 am #105728
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I’m with Chuck on this.  It’s pretty clear that there is a lot of vote stuffing going on.  I see plenty of great designs with few if any votes, but lots of views, and some pretty sad designs with hundreds of votes, but few views.  How could that happen unless the person leaves the page open and just votes once every hour?  How is that an indication of merit?

• October 5, 2016 at 3:47 pm #106060
      Amy Truchan
      2020 Moderator

Hi Chuck and Chris,

We have noticed the same thing. When designers submit more than one perspective of the same design we notify them and delete the multiple perspectives. We try to do this as soon as we see them. Also to prevent this from happening, we put up a running banner notifying designers that it is only one unique submission per design per category. Designers are however able to submit multiple designs in the same category as long as they are unique.

As for the voting, the reason why we picked one vote per hour was to reduce designers from clicking away at their own designs. We thought it was a fair way to encourage voting yet keep it under control. We do encourage designers to share and push their designs on social media. This also explains how some designers have higher votes than others.

We have put a panel of 2020 Design experts to judge the final winners in each category to ensure that the winners are fairly picked.

I hope this helps alleviate any concerns.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly with any questions at amy.truchan@2020spaces.com

Good luck in the contest.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.