Lost dongle – Need help finding alternatives

• September 17, 2020 at 12:48 pm #297089
      Clara Lizana
      Participant

Hello! Clara here

I am here because I’d like to help out a friend of mine. He’s not much of a tech guy himself, so I am writing on his behalf.

I myself don’t use 2020 Design or any other 2020 Spaces product, and in fact, I have never been in this forum, so I am still hoping this is the right one for our problem here.

My friend, who we will call Gabe, has been designing kitchens for over 10 years now. Gabe has been using a 2004 version of 2020 Design, using a dongle, just until a few days ago.

His dongle recently got stolen and it certainly seems impossible to get it back. The first thing he tried after this happened was contacting 2020 Spaces via telephone. Gabe was able to talk with who seemed to be a salesperson, who told him that without paying for a new license, it was impossible to get 2020 Design back in his computer.

My question is, is it really impossible? Is there no other way to deactivate Gabe’s now stolen license code and give him a replacement dongle, or even just a license code with no dongle?

• September 17, 2020 at 3:07 pm #297234
      Ken Short
      Participant

Hi Clara,

Customers with a current maintenance contract can migrate to a subscription for no additional cost, which includes softkey licensing that can’t be lost or stolen.

Ken

• September 17, 2020 at 3:39 pm #297240
        Clara Lizana
        Participant

Thank you for your reply, Ken! Gabe will be hugely relieved when I tell him about this. How can this migration be done? Is he supposed to already have an account in 2020 Spaces?

I am not sure whether someone can use 2004’s 2020 Design without having got one. Maybe he forgot he signed up when he bought the license.

• September 17, 2020 at 3:39 pm #297239
      Tim Lassiter
      Participant

Softkey is not ready for professional business use. You forget to log-out on workbox and go into the field, one has to call 20-20 to be logged out so that the laptop can log-in. If you are working on the weekends and it happens, you’re out of luck. If you don’t have data in the field, you’re out of luck. Try calling 20-20 tech support for the past few months and see how many times you are sent to voicemail and they do not return calls most of the time. 20-20 needs to allow its users to deactivate and activate a seat through their account as other companies do with softkey licensing.

As for the original poster, you pay a late penalty for not renewing your dongle seat each year. That seat is 14 years old. I would not expect any company to replace the dongle.

• September 18, 2020 at 12:55 pm #297454
        Pasquale Brancati
        Participant

Hi Tim,
        We apologize for the long wait times. We are doing our best to answer all incoming calls during this pandemic with most support agents working remotely while catering to their children at home.
        If you need any help, we recommend to visit our knowledge center or email us at residentialsupport@2020spaces.com if you experiencing long wait times.
        You can also book an appointment with a support agent from our scheduling calendar. As well I would be more than happy to have a support agent call you if you like.
        Thank you
        2020 (Pat)

• September 18, 2020 at 2:41 pm #297457
          Tim Lassiter
          Participant

Hi Pat, long wait times were never an issues. Not receiving a return call after requesting one multiple times from several different people at 20-20 Technologies is inexcusable. You managed to reply by answering a question I didn’t ask.

Answer my questions on this post, it seems to be ignored: https://www.2020spaces.com/forums/topic/northpoint/

• September 18, 2020 at 2:53 pm #297458
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hi Tim,

As a result of longer wait time. Customers sometimes find themselves having to leave a voice message for a support agent to contact them back. We respond to all voice messages as quickly as we can, sometime when we try to call back these voice messages, we end up in a cycle of phone tag.

This was why I made the recommendations I mentioned in my previous post as alternates to contact our support team. If you like Tim, email residentialsupport@2020spaces.com (to my attention in the subject line) and I’ll get a support agent to call you at your convenience when your available.

Thank you
      Pat

• September 18, 2020 at 3:04 pm #297459
        Tim Lassiter
        Participant

Hi Pat, I wholeheartedly disagree. I’ve left several message with no return call. My last renewal took two faxes (ignored), three voicemails (ignored) and finally a transfer call and, about 5 months just to get you guys to take my payment. This was BEFORE the Pandemic.

Just recently to migrate to Live took three phone messages that were ignored and I finally got to speak to a live person to start the email process of merging.

• September 18, 2020 at 3:09 pm #297460
      Pasquale Brancati
      Participant

Hi Tim, I apologize if that was the experience you had in the last several months. In the future if you feel your not being responded too as quickly as you like, don’t hesitate you connect with me directly & I’ll ensure your concerns will be addresses as quickly as possible.

Thank you

Pat

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.