Major Issues with Design 2020

• June 4, 2016 at 11:38 am #91072
      Trevor Piekarczyk
      Participant

I seem to be having some major issues with my 2020.. Is it just my 2020, or something else? I recently went out and bought a 6 core mac pro… Not macbook, but there tower for $4000, the mac pro.. according to what the system requirements are, this thing should have no problem running 2020, or so one would think. After installing windows onto it, using bootcamp, I have still had issues. First issue is that some of my designs keep crashing when I go to open them, other times the exact same design opens just fine.

The other issue, or oddity is that the program did not ask for my key after I downloaded it. Currently my key is sitting on my desk and I am still using 2020 on a brand new computer, opening files from previous designs I’ve drawn up on other computers.

FYI I downloaded design V11.4.1

• June 6, 2016 at 9:53 am #91176
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Trevor,

For the issues with the software I would recommend calling the 1-866-697-2020 support line and having a tech look at it first hand.  They can check your drivers, look at the designs, and get more detailed information on any issue that is occurring.

The reason the program is running without a key is that it is running in a trial mode.  When you install the software for the first time it will run in a trial mode for the first 30 days.  Then it will start to ask for the key.

Neil

• June 7, 2016 at 12:00 am #91239

Hi Trevor,

Which version of Windows did you install? My experience with Bootcamp is that Windows 7 should be the version you use rather than 8, 8.1 or 10.

It might also be worth installing V11.2 rather than V11.4 – it seems to have fewer bugs albeit you lose a couple of features.

Otherwise, Bootcamp on a Mac should be fine for 2020 Design

• July 19, 2016 at 5:09 am #95883
      Ravi
      Participant

I am facing problem “Design has stopped working” . don’t know why this happen. please anyone suggest proper solution.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.