Problem with Panoramic View

• May 22, 2018 at 9:30 am #188368
      Kerry Fullington
      Participant

I have attached a view of a job that I would like a panoramic view of. It has some decoration but not a huge amount. While trying to render the panorama I get  a  “Not enough memory to complete rendering” error.

I think I read in another thread that the panorama is CPU memory heavy. Is this true? Would increasing Virtual Memory help or is this just more of the 32 bit application problem?

The Panoramic view is a great tool but I have not had much luck using it unless the job is very simple and un-adorned. I want it for “WOW” factor.

Also in the attached view. Notice the two lamps. Is there any way to adjust tessellation of objects to get a better render or do I need to search for better objects?

The whole point of high quality rendering is to try to reach photo-realism and I am having a hard time getting there.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
      16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX960 2GB

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

• May 23, 2018 at 12:48 pm #188529
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Kerry,

First off, that’s an amazing design.  Kudos.  I really like the beams. 🙂

You are correct in your assumption that renders are CPU heavy But I don’t think that more virtual memory will have much of an effect.  The issue is very definitely related to the memory limitations imposed on the software because it is a 32 bit program.  That’s the bad news.  The good news is that we are working on a 64 bit version of the software that should be released near the end of the year that should have a dramatic impact on how well the software handles stuff like cloud items and the 360 panos.

For the lamps I’m pretty sure it’s a matter of finding better objects.

Neil

• May 23, 2018 at 1:59 pm #188584
      Billy
      Participant

Kerry,

Would it be possible to email me your contact information?

My email is Billy.Smith@2020Spaces.com, I would like to see if there’s something that we can do to assist you with this.

Billy Smith

• May 24, 2018 at 5:24 pm #188842
      Kerry Fullington
      Participant

Billy,

Thanks for working on this for me. I will keep trying some different things we spoke of on your call.

Neil,

Thanks for the Kudos. I am looking forward to the 64 bit version. Here is a look at the beams with the ceiling attached.

• May 25, 2018 at 5:05 pm #188860
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

You guys always amaze me with the stuff you can do with the program.  This is just further proof that designing is Art.

Neil

• May 27, 2018 at 3:41 am #188887

If you are reasonably computer competent, you can patch 2020 Design to use double the ram currently available to it.

Locate and make copies of design.exe and LeRendu.exe

Use the patch tool to patch both of the above files. http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

Restart 2020 Design and try the render again.

If you get any issues you can delete the patched versions and rename the copies back to the original file names. I have had no issues with the patch but obviously use at your own risk as it is an unofficial bandaid.

• May 29, 2018 at 10:55 am #189019
      Frederic
      2020 Expert

The flag to allow access to 4GB of ram is already included in 2020 Design as it is.

That patch will only be effective on versions older than V9.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.