Renderings overexposed, strange yellow glow

• May 22, 2017 at 3:51 pm #131172
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

I’ve been having some trouble with renderings since v11.7.  My previous light settings now make overexposed, washed out images.  I’ve tried tweaking the various light settings.  Once the exposure level is more natural, strange yellow glows and halos start cropping up, looking alternately like “disco ball” reflection or halo glows around windows, fixtures, etc.

• May 29, 2017 at 11:57 am #131936
      Jonathan Desimini
      Participant

Agreed. Lighting changed somehow and seems definitely more yellow. Not sure if its the auto lights or just something in the general programming but its created a real struggle when trying to render high-end views. However, it seems catalog based on my end. Any solutions?

• May 30, 2017 at 10:37 am #131946
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Guys,

The only change that I know of in version 11.7 is that they seem to have removed the ability modify the light coming from windows. I’m hoping they fix that in 11.8.

If everything is getting washed out one thing you can check is the type of textures you have in the design. Choosing a Matte texture over a glossy texture can make a big difference in the lighting of a design. If everything is glossy it can add a bunch of unnecessary reflections to the render.

Neil

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.