Report to Excel

• November 29, 2017 at 4:19 pm #162295
      Stacy Lambert
      Participant

I am looking for a way to get reports to cleanly export to excel. No crazy spacing, empty cells, etc. I am ideally looking to have the quantity, user code, item description and list price without all the hassle of reformatting and such every single time I need it.

• November 29, 2017 at 7:30 pm #162314
      Ken Watkins
      Participant

Stacy, I agree with you. This is a “feature” that needs some help.

You can also export the report to CSV instead of Excel. (see picture below) That gives you an comma separated text file that you can open in Excel.

I did a test file and found that the totals don’t line up with the same columns as the individual item prices, and it split up some pricing into 2 columns instead of one  – for example, one price is supposed to be $1056 but since it is listed on the quote as “1,056”  it was placed into 2 columns “1” and “056” in the other.  (it thinks the comma in the number is a column delimiter) But at least the formatting is gone and the item description, qty, etc are on the same line as the price, so you can pull this info easily and insert into another spreadsheet and/or add formulas to get discounts and totals.

Using the CSV format also solved an issue I had with the Excel format where the numbers in the quantity and pricing columns were treated as text instead of numbers in formulas.

Ken

• December 5, 2017 at 8:05 pm #162902

We use the Application Integration feature which produces XML files. XML files can be brought into Excel easily. I’ve just opened an XML file, picked the ManufCode and then populated the spreadsheet with a list of cabinets.

The spreadsheet could then be set to do a lookup on all of the cabinets and generate a quotation in another workbook.

If you can’t do this yourself then there are plenty of (cheap) people on Fiverr and other microjob sites who would set up a spreadsheet template for low $$

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.