Running bond tiles

• December 20, 2018 at 11:29 am #221453
      Anvar Bakhtiyarov
      Participant

How to do running bond tiles? The only option I see is placing every tile individually

• December 20, 2018 at 3:39 pm #221514
      Clare White
      Participant

If it is for a backsplash 20-20 has a macro under>Item>Surface that you draw a rectangle in a clockwise direction, to connect the surface you have to right click on the mouse and it connects as a rectangle. To change the tile to another tile material right click the surface then select the texture and use the tile you want.

If you don’t like the tile selection that 20/20 has go to internet http://www.3Dwarehouse

• December 21, 2018 at 9:53 am #221590
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hi Anvar,

You can also give the editable tiles in the Room catalog a try.

Neil

• December 26, 2018 at 4:14 pm #221855
      Chris Setlock
      Participant

depending on the tile, there may be an image on the manufacturer’s website that shows a running bond.  If so, it’s probably going to be irregular, so you will need to square it in an image editor like Photoshop or Gimp.  If the tile is a flat color, that will probably suffice.  if it’s a pattern, you will need to tweak it some to make the pattern match on the partial tiles.  I’ve sometimes cut and pasted half tiles from one side to the other, so the pattern completes when it’s tiled in 2020.  Other times, I’ve taken the image and double sized it, then mirror imaged half of it.  That results in a seamless pattern, but sometimes if gives a distracting “book matched” look

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.