Using key on two computers

• January 29, 2018 at 2:14 pm #167535
      meir just
      Participant

Just curious can I use my key on two different PC’s I have my home PC and my work PC and I wanna use the same key is it possible and if it is how

• January 29, 2018 at 5:11 pm #167575
      Neil Wilson
      Participant

Hey Meir,

You can definitely use the key on both computers.  You just need to install it on both computers and then plug the key into the computer you are at.

You need to remember though, that the key is just a security device.  It doesn’t have any information on it.  This means you will need to install the same catalogs onto each computer and if you want to work on a file at home that you worked on in the office you will need to transport that file between both computers as well.

Neil

• January 29, 2018 at 6:33 pm #167577

We tried using a Cloud drive as a ‘shared drive’ for storing 2020 files but it resulted in too many Design file corruptions (probably due to a file synchronising while still open in 2020 Design).

I’ll be trying this again (Google Drive and Dropbox are more advanced now) but might use a timed synchronisation service to ensure that the files update on the cloud at the end of the day.

Otherwise most of my users take copies home on a flash drive.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.