What laptop should I get for 2020 kitchen design ?

• May 20, 2020 at 12:53 am #282737
      Einav Harel
      Participant

What is a recommended laptop/ graphic card for 2020 kitchen software? any recommendations on what laptop to buy to fit the requirements of the software? I am a bit overwhelmed at this point any help would be much appreciated.

• May 20, 2020 at 1:05 pm #282835
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Einav,

We don’t have a specific computer that we would recommend to purchase but we do recommend to get a computer that has an I7-8th generation processor with 16 gigabytes of RAM, including a dedicated graphics card such as the Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 or greater. You can look at the GTX 1660, or you can look at the RTX 20-series.

Click HERE to see a computer that we found on BestBuy.com. We arent saying you have to get this exact model but as you see, this model has all we would need. As long as you get something that resembles that machine, then you should be A-Ok!

Regards,

Kris

• May 26, 2020 at 10:27 am #282840
      • March 4, 2021 at 7:26 am #318782
        Otis Anderson
        Participant

Look Dell G3 3590 with a price tag of about $ 1500. And here I want to start the story right away with a discrete video card. The fact is that the user is already offered NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with 6 GB of its own memory. Such a solution has a noticeably higher performance margin and will open up more possibilities for the user. There is more RAM here – the base volume is 8 GB, which is already perceived as the optimal minimum for modern tasks. The memory frequency is also higher here, it is 2666 MHz. But the main storage is – 512 GB. By the way, these laptops are used in the service https://writemypaperbro.com/paper-writing-service/ in which I work.

• May 26, 2020 at 11:49 am #283516
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Einav,

Going over all three computers you’ve listed here, I would suggest to go with the MSI. Just from looking at the machines, it seems that the MSI has a larger display than the Lenovo with a better processor too. Comparing it to the HP we can also see that the MSI has more space (msi has 1.0T HDD and 512 SSD while the HP only has 512SSD).

Overall in my opinion, I would go for the MSI.

Regards,

Kris

• May 26, 2020 at 3:05 pm #283576
      Einav Harel
      Participant

Hi Kris,

Thank you very much for helping with this.

I think the MSI is making more sense now. do you think the RTX2070 or RTX 2080 is a little overkill for what the 2020 software needs? since the cost is so much higher than the RTX 2060?

Thanks again.

• May 27, 2020 at 11:16 am #283601
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Einav,

You shouldn’t have any issues going with the RTX 2060 model rather than the 2070 or 2080.

Regards,

Kris

• June 9, 2020 at 5:06 pm #285686
      Mark Kelley
      Pilot Pro

I would like to use my MacBook Pro, which I purchased in January.  Will it work with 2020Design under Boot Camp Assist VMware Fusion or Parallels Desktop?

• June 9, 2020 at 6:16 pm #285687
      Kristopher Papaleo
      Participant

Hi Mark,

Yes, you can use your MacBook Pro as long as you install BOOTCAMP. To set up bootcamp, you should call Apple Support and get some assistance from them.

Be sure however that your machine is up to the task.. Make sure it has the system requirements that we need. You can find the requirements HERE.

However, we do not support the program if you are running on parallels. You must use the program on the machine itself.

Regards,

Kris

• March 9, 2021 at 7:24 pm #319674

Just a rider to what Kris said about the Macbook Pro. The new M1 series of Apple processors is NOT compatible with BOOTCAMP or indeed Fusion, Parallels or any of the other methods of running Windows on a Mac. If you have bought an M1 machine, you are SOL at least until someone finds a way of emulating Intel architecture on an M1 chip – do not hold your breath.

Re the discussion about notebooks, I have just purchased 2 MSI GL65 Leopard units for some new designers – i7 6 core, 12 threads. So far very pleased with them.

• March 11, 2021 at 4:38 pm #319920
      Jeremy Pyatt
      Participant

I got one of these last year.  It’s been great.  I use an external monitor.

https://www.directdial.com/ca/item/lenovo-thinkpad-p14s-gen-1-20s40023us-14-mobile-workstation/20s40023us

• May 16, 2021 at 11:37 am #330651
      ford jacob
      Participant

Hi I just got the same msi laptop worked great first few times using 2020, just learning… any way it just crashes when starting …. any ideas why?

• May 17, 2021 at 12:52 am #330681

Hi Ford,
      I have 2 brand new MSIs in operation and they are great but there is a known issue with the Nahimic audio software that comes with the laptop. There is a response from Kris on how to turn this off here: https://www.2020spaces.com/forums/topic/version-12-4-16-86-endless-crashes/

If it isn’t this causing the crashes then try switching everything off in Startup to make sure you are using it as ‘clean’ as possible. Also make sure your graphics drivers are up to date.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.