Why should we update? 13.8.1.4

• February 27, 2024 at 3:59 pm #437014
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Hi all,

We’re currently running 13.6.0.72 and we’re getting prompted to update to 13.8.1.4

Usually we wait on updates, until all the kinks are worked out.  Can anyone tell me what this update would do?  We’re pretty happy right now.

Cheers,

Ariana

• February 28, 2024 at 3:15 pm #437051
      Marty Keenan
      Participant

I wouldn’t. Like you I usually wait for the kinks to be worked out. This time I didn’t. The first drawing I did, my SS appliances showed as black. Spoke to customer service and they said they will have to file a report. So I uninstalled 13.8.1.4 and reinstalled 13.6.0.72. I can’t wait for the day we get an update and don’t run into so many issues and have to learn a new format. The cloud browser search is totally different.

Marty

• February 28, 2024 at 3:26 pm #437052
      Ariana Thompson
      Participant

Thanks for the heads-up Marty.

I’ve never had my 2020Design prompt me to update before – it does now every time I boot up, so I thought there was something big going on.

I’ll hunt around settings and see if I can turn that prompt off.  It’s annoying!

Cheers,

Ariana

• February 29, 2024 at 11:30 am #437165
      Emily Fujii
      Participant

I should have waited. I wasn’t thinking and updated and ever since it’s been very slow and takes five times as long to think about doing anything, with the courser jumping around between an arrow and an hour glass. I may do what Marty did and uninstall because this newest update is terrible.

-Emily

• March 7, 2024 at 5:01 pm #437365
      Tim Lassiter
      Participant

Is it too much to ask for a pinned post to tell us what is new? 2020 is such a dinosaur.

• March 8, 2024 at 3:57 pm #437401
      Derek Meyer
      Participant

Emily, we are having the same issue as you.  I upgraded two of our 4 machines to the new version, and both of them are having the same spinning cursor issues.  I fear I will have to remove this version and re-install the previous one.  At least I still have the installer for that one.  Thank you for sharing your experience.

• March 8, 2024 at 11:36 pm #437403
      Nicole Walton
      Participant

I’ve just done the update and now my plans are not coming in to scale on my layout pages! Yep. that’s my floor plan as a tiny dot, supposed to be 1:20 scale.

Support can’t seem to find the answer for that one….

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.